none
How to create my own application icons and graphics?

General discussion

• Hi All! This is not related to C/C++ programming, but I'd like to know how to do to make my own graphics like many softwares, Please can you give me some professional tools names for that? thanks.

Monday, August 26, 2013 9:18 AM

All replies

• As long you ask this question here, I understand that you want to create a graphic application in VC++ ? If it is so, you can use GDI fo that, and you can start here.
    Monday, August 26, 2013 9:43 AM
  • As long you ask this question here, I understand that you want to create a graphic application in VC++ ? If it is so, you can use GDI fo that, and you can start here.

no, that was not what i'm asking about, I said that it's not related to VC++, I have experience in graphic programming, but what I want is not graphic programming, It's how to make my own icons and pngs? how to make the images for GUI? what utilities does developers use for that? or there is a site for getting graphic resources for GUI? thanks.

• Edited by Yuri.B Monday, August 26, 2013 10:43 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2013 9:49 AM
  • I see ... well, I don't use by now any kind of tool that do such things, personally, I prefer to get them from here.
    Monday, August 26, 2013 10:39 AM
  • If you want an icon editor, try google or you prefered search engine with "free icon editor".

A nice free icon editor is icofx 1.6.4 (use search engine). Note later versons are no freeware anymore!

A good professional Icon Editor is: http://www.axialis.com/iconworkshop/

Best regards

Bordon

Note: Posted code pieces may not have a good programming style and may not perfect. It is also possible that they do not work in all situations. Code pieces are only indended to explain something particualar.

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:00 AM
  • By the way, if you had a bitmap, meanning your application bitmap, and if you cahnge the extension in .ico, you can have the application ico file ... to png, you can simply use IrfanView or something, to convert bitmap to png ... good luck.

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:02 AM
  • Hi All! This is not related to C/C++ programming, but I'd like to know how to do to make my own graphics like many softwares, Please can you give me some professional tools names for that? thanks.

I use Adobe Photoshop, but there are others available,including free ones such as Gimp.
    Monday, August 26, 2013 7:25 PM
  • Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Because this issue is not related with C++ programming, it is related collecting suggestions for graphics tools, so I change its type to discussion. This can help you get more suggestions.

Hope you understand!

Best Regards,

May

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:52 AM
  • See you can create your own icon in pain brush and any other application which help to create icon gif etc like PhotoShop ,Photo Editor,Image Analyzer,Free Image Editor etc you can search on google. I never did this part simply ask your Graphic design team to create a icon for your by providing proper specification and you are good to go . Now it's their part what they do and how. Because lots of work involved in creating a icon or image what type of image you want then backgroud type and pixel etc

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:56 PM
  • See you can create your own icon in pain brush and any other application which help to create icon gif etc like PhotoShop ,Photo Editor,Image Analyzer,Free Image Editor etc you can search on google. I never did this part simply ask your Graphic design team to create a icon for your by providing proper specification and you are good to go . Now it's their part what they do and how. Because lots of work involved in creating a icon or image what type of image you want then backgroud type and pixel etc

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla

You have Right, making design team is a good idea.Thanks for your Mark.

• Edited by Yuri.B Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:27 PM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:26 PM
  • I see ... well, I don't use by now any kind of tool that do such things, personally, I prefer to get them from here.

thank you, this site is amazing.
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:32 PM