none
Where is Forms Authentication Passwords and Usernames stored? and can i store them in a existing aspnet tabel?

Question

• I am trying find where Lightswitch has stored the created Username and passwords??? its driving me crazy!

also.. will i be able to change where they are stored to a existing database elsewhere?

• Edited by EvoVix Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:44 AM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi. Try to use this.DataWorkspace.SecurityData.UserRegistrations

I think that you can't change that...

Good luck...

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:55 AM
  • Users and security data are stored in the tables called aspnet_* and RolePermissions. There are also some aspnet_* views and many aspnet_* stored procedures. These can all be stored in your application's database or in another database, controlled by the Publish settings.

Simon Jones
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

• Marked as answer by EvoVix Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:30 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:17 AM
  • Users and security data are stored in the tables called aspnet_* and RolePermissions. There are also some aspnet_* views and many aspnet_* stored procedures. These can all be stored in your application's database or in another database, controlled by the Publish settings.

Simon Jones
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

Cheers.. but where do i find this?? 
    • Marked as answer by EvoVix Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:29 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by EvoVix Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:30 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:17 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:58 PM
  • They are in the database, which you can use SQL Server Management Studio to look at.

What do you want to do with them?

Simon Jones

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:05 PM
  • They are in the database, which you can use SQL Server Management Studio to look at.

What do you want to do with them?

Simon Jones

Ok thanks, i wanted to move them to a ASPnet database which we already have which contains passwords and usernames.. this way we are keeping passwords and usernames in one place for ease. 

thanks 

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:29 PM
  • Ok thanks, i wanted to move them to a ASPnet database which we already have which contains passwords and usernames.. this way we are keeping passwords and usernames in one place for ease. 

Basically you just point your LightSwitch application to your existing ASP.NET Membership database, done :)

See:

Integrating LightSwitch Into An ASPNET Application To Provide Single Sign On

Easy DotNetNuke LightSwitch Deployment

The Visual Studio LightSwitch Marketplace

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

• Marked as answer by EvoVix Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:15 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by EvoVix Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by EvoVix Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:29 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:38 PM