none
How to find the max value of a column in Excel 2007

Question

• I Have a Column "Id" in my excell sheet "MAY".

I want to find the maximum value of that column.

i am using the query

Select max(Id) as ID from [MAY$];

but this query only fetches the max value as 9 where as the maximum value in my column is 13.

The Format of the column is General.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 4:18 AM

Answers

• above link  is working fine here is d text of link,

hi i need to be able to find the value of the maximum ID in a table i have using VBA. played around with a few variations but none of them seem to wok. Generally they return Syntax errors though i have tried a number of suggestions from a buch of sources.

rst.Open "Select MAX(ID) FROM Package", conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText 

Sheets("New Package").Range("B13").CopyFromRecordset rst

maxi = Range("B13").Value + 1

rst.Close

rst.Open "package", conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable

Thanks!

-- Thanks, Amit kala Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, & to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

hi there,
    even though this is a C# general forum
    http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53132

Peter Koueik

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:58 AM

All replies

• hi,

try this one :
    http://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming/748138-sql-max-id-return.html

Peter Koueik

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 4:38 AM
  • link does not work

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:03 AM

hi i need to be able to find the value of the maximum ID in a table i have using VBA. played around with a few variations but none of them seem to wok. Generally they return Syntax errors though i have tried a number of suggestions from a buch of sources.

rst.Open "Select MAX(ID) FROM Package", conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText 

rst.Close

Thanks!

-- Thanks, Amit kala Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, & to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:27 AM

rst.Close

Thanks!

hi there,
    even though this is a C# general forum
    http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53132

Peter Koueik

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:58 AM