none
Does this chart controller offers Animated charts.

Question

• Hi,

I am working on charts and using .net charts controls. I am looking at the web samples which are provided by the .net as documentation when you download the chart control. I am following these examples and creating charts but I am facing a problem.

1- The code which these examples provide is not making the chart which fully resemble with the example as for as look and feel of the chart is concern.

2- Is there a way we can make the animated charts as LogiXML provides animated charts.

3 - I want to put the dynamic y-axis scale range by input box e.g; 50-100 etc then chart should show the y-axis scale range from 50-100%.

Thanks in advance.
    CRINCH
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 7:00 AM

Answers

• MS Chart Controls do not offer animation.

But you can animate the Charts by using AJAX Update Panel to refresh your data.

There is an example in WebSamples set for more reference.
    Don't know for WinSamples there is a reference or not.
    Dhruv Patel
    [ Email : mail2dhruv@rocketmail.com ]
    Please Mark As Answer if you think the answer was correct.
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 9:23 AM

All replies

• MS Chart Controls do not offer animation.

But you can animate the Charts by using AJAX Update Panel to refresh your data.

There is an example in WebSamples set for more reference.
    Don't know for WinSamples there is a reference or not.
    Dhruv Patel
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 9:23 AM
  • Hi,

What Dhruv said. but you can use slider controls and use ajax to make it look like its a dynamic chart. You could use the System.Web.WebMethod technique to make a call back or ajaxupdate panel to do the same.

If we could be any helpful do tell.

Wish you luck

HG

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 11:34 AM
  • thanks for your response, but what do you think if I use ajaxupdate panel, it would slow the chart animation. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks
    CRINCH
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 1:49 PM
  • An AJAX Update Panel only makes partial page updates.

So, put your chart control in Update Panel and then give the timer a refresh of some desired interval, so that your updates will be regularly carried out at regular interval causing only a part of the page to update.
    Dhruv Patel
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 2:07 PM