none
How to create a custom template of SBT items to link to a PBI

Question

• Our company has been using the Scrum methodology for the past year or so and we are becoming used to working within the framework and TFS.  At the start of a new Sprint our team leader creates a list of PBI's that are scheduled for development for that specific Sprint.  It is the task of each developer to develop our design plan, provide estimates, design documentation and create a document to attach to each of the assign PBI's we are going to be developing against.  In addition we have to create the list of SBT's for each of the PBI's assigned to us.  Normally one PBI is assigned to one developer but there are times when two or more will work on a big project.

My question is this:  Can someone provide me with a 'How To' document so I can develop a custom template for the SBT items that can then be linked to a new PBI?  My thinking is that I want as many as 10 SBT's which would be something like:

• [3801.01] Design document      4       Documentation       JimW
    • [3801.02] Task #1                  10      Development          JimW
    • 3801.10] Code review              .5       Other                    JimW

Then I want to be able to open the PBI and attach all ten of the templates SBT's to it and edit them as necessary to add the description of the tasks, hours, etc. 

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Jim White

SunGardPS High Point, NC

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:29 PM

All replies