none
MS Chart Control

Question

• Hi there,

Im trying to create a chart the has a base 10 logarithmic scale for the x axis with a range from 0.001 to 100.  I seem to be able create the axis during design time but whenever the form is loaded I get an error message saying "Chart Area Axes - A logarithmic scale cannot be used for this axis."  If also tried to create the base 10 log axis (without the range) during run time and I get the same error.

Is this a limmitation on the MSChart control?  Am I able to create a log scale on the X Axis?

Thanks in advance.
    Phil
    • Edited by LuckyPhil78 Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:47 PM spelling error
    • Moved by Yichun_Feng Monday, August 03, 2009 6:11 AM Chart Control problem (From:Visual Basic General)
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• How do you create the axis at design time? Because you add MSChart control to your form at design time doesn't mean it will run or error free.

kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:05 PM
  • Using the Properties pane.

ChartAreas -> Axis -> x-Axis ->
    1. Set "isLogarithmic" -> True
    2. Set "LogarithimBase" ->10
    3. Set "Maximum" -> 100
    4. Set "Minimum" -> 0.001

Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:12 PM
  • Hi LuckyPhil78,

I'll move this thread from VB General forum to Chart Controls for .NET Framework forum.

You'll get better answer in that forum.

Best Regards

Yichun Feng

Monday, August 03, 2009 6:11 AM
  • I have spent a few hours messing with this trying to figure this out and it seems to have a logarithmic scale on the x axis, you need to have at least one series and all series need to have at least one point where x is greater than 0. After that, set isLogarithmic to true and whatnot.
    Sunday, August 01, 2010 2:41 PM