none
can't open my file in Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express , error .csproject

Answers

• "Original file is this because I tried to copy this program from my friend and then opened it using Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Expres after that the message error above pop out"

That's the problem. Your friend's project (you gave file name "Monitoring.csproj") is a C# project. It uses the C# (C Sharp) programming language. You Have Visual Basic Express 2010 installed. That tool ONLY works with projects that use the Visual Basic programming language, so your CANNOT open a C# project.

I gave you the link to download Visual C# Express 2010, which WILL OPEN a C# project such as the one you got from your friend.

If you want to use the project you got from your friend, you will have to install a Visual Studio product that supports C# projects, like the free VC# Express I linked for you in my first reply.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:19 AM

All replies

• You're trying to open a C# project (.csproj) in Visual Basic 2010 Express. VISUAL BASIC Express only works with Visual Basic projects.

If you want to open that C# project, you'll need to install VC# Express:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9709939

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:42 PM
  • Sorry I didn't explain it, Original file is this because I tried to copy this program from my friend and then opened it using Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Expres after that the message error above pop out

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:51 PM
  • "Original file is this because I tried to copy this program from my friend and then opened it using Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Expres after that the message error above pop out"

That's the problem. Your friend's project (you gave file name "Monitoring.csproj") is a C# project. It uses the C# (C Sharp) programming language. You Have Visual Basic Express 2010 installed. That tool ONLY works with projects that use the Visual Basic programming language, so your CANNOT open a C# project.

I gave you the link to download Visual C# Express 2010, which WILL OPEN a C# project such as the one you got from your friend.

If you want to use the project you got from your friend, you will have to install a Visual Studio product that supports C# projects, like the free VC# Express I linked for you in my first reply.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:19 AM