none
Windows Microsoft.net Framework v4.030319

Question

• Hi

For the past few months I have had two error messages pop up everytime I start up my laptop.

I've never tried to install whatever this is.  I can't seem to find it in my recent updates file. 

It is annoying, any suggestions?

Friday, January 06, 2012 1:27 AM

Answers

• Can you quote the error messages?

Also, please tell us what Windows version you have.

In general, if you see error messages every time you start you computer, you have a startup program that is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled.

How to find the startup program that is causing the problem varies by Windows version.

In Windows 7, you would click the start orb, then type msconfig in the search box. Search results will show msconfig,exe. Click on msconfig.exe to run it, then click the startup tab in the dialog.

The startup tab shows your startup programs. Deselect them, one at a time, rebooting each time. When you reboot and do not see the errors, you have found the faulting program. You should then repair or reinstall that program. If repair/reinstallation does not work, you should contact the publisher of that program for assistance.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:16 AM
    Friday, January 06, 2012 1:44 PM
  • You're welcome, come to these forums anytime you have a question or issue and we'll do our best to help.

FWIW, it appears that Intuit Sync Manager has something to do with QuickBooks:

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/INF12748

If you are concerned with the error messages referring to .NET Framework 4.0, you can check the framework by running this tool:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Post the first 20 lines and last 20 lines of tool output here for analysis.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 2:39 PM

All replies

• Can you quote the error messages?

Also, please tell us what Windows version you have.

In general, if you see error messages every time you start you computer, you have a startup program that is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled.

How to find the startup program that is causing the problem varies by Windows version.

In Windows 7, you would click the start orb, then type msconfig in the search box. Search results will show msconfig,exe. Click on msconfig.exe to run it, then click the startup tab in the dialog.

The startup tab shows your startup programs. Deselect them, one at a time, rebooting each time. When you reboot and do not see the errors, you have found the faulting program. You should then repair or reinstall that program. If repair/reinstallation does not work, you should contact the publisher of that program for assistance.

Friday, January 06, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I did as you suggested and found the program.  It is Intuit Sync Manager, which I don't know what it is or where I would have got it.

Thank you for your suggestion, it at least stopped the error popups.  Which were:

Windows Microsoft.net Framework v4.030319 is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using original media or contact your administrator.

When I clicked "Okay" on that popup another error message comes up which was:

Windows Microsoft.net Framework v4.030319 could not be loaded.

This all was happening on a HP laptop using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks again so much for your help.

KC Hill
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 3:06 AM
  • You're welcome, come to these forums anytime you have a question or issue and we'll do our best to help.

FWIW, it appears that Intuit Sync Manager has something to do with QuickBooks:

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/INF12748

If you are concerned with the error messages referring to .NET Framework 4.0, you can check the framework by running this tool:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Post the first 20 lines and last 20 lines of tool output here for analysis.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 2:39 PM