none
System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser

Question

• Hi,

I have a question regarding the System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser Class.  Is there a way I can pass a CookieCollection to this object?  For example, I've used HttpWebRequest to login to a password protected script.  Now I want to take that CookieCollection and pass it to the System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser Class so the user can view these protected pages....

Thanks,
    Andrew

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:58 AM

Answers

• Hey,

Nevermind - I figured it out using the following:

Code Snippet

string cookie_string = "";
    foreach (Cookie cook in cookies)
    {

cookie_string += cook.ToString() + ";";

}

this.webBrowser1.Document.Cookie = cookie_string;

Thanks,
    Andrew

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hey,

Nevermind - I figured it out using the following:

Code Snippet

string cookie_string = "";
    foreach (Cookie cook in cookies)
    {

cookie_string += cook.ToString() + ";";

}

this.webBrowser1.Document.Cookie = cookie_string;

Thanks,
    Andrew

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:28 PM
  • I've got a similar situation. I use the HttpWebRequest/Response to login to a site, and get a list of links that are displayed in a C# WinForm Panel. To communicate with the web server I am required to provide a cookie and a GET session id, both I get from the HttpWebResponse.

Once I have the links, I want to switch to the WebBrowser user control to allow the user to navigate to a URI and process that page and its links as if using IE. The Navigate method works fine, but I have to set the cookie before the connection will be accepted. Here is where I seem to be doing something wrong, as the cookie property will not allow me to set it. I new up a WebBrowser, use DocumentText to load an empty <head> and <body> to get a Document that isn't null, then I try to set the cookie (currently null) with the string I get from the CookieContiner. It will not take.

As a test, I Navigate without the cookie, get refused, then in the document complete call back I'm able to set the cookie because it is initialized by the error response. I can set it to anything I want, and Navigate fine.

I've looked at all the documentation and examples I can find, but have had no luck. Any suggestions on how to get the Cookie property to be set before I involve the web server?

thanks
    Mark

this.currentWebBrowser = new WebBrowser();  
    this.currentWebBrowser.DocumentText = @"<head></head><body></body>";  
    this.currentWebBrowser.Url = new Uri("about:blank");   
    this.currentWebBrowser.Document.Cookie = this.responseCookie; // from webResponse.Cookies  
    this.currentWebBrowser.Navigate( selectedURL);  

• Edited by rkpt Thursday, January 08, 2009 2:49 PM text error
    • Proposed as answer by JonPen Monday, March 28, 2011 1:41 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by JonPen Monday, March 28, 2011 1:41 PM
    • Proposed as answer by JonPen Monday, March 28, 2011 1:41 PM
    Thursday, January 08, 2009 2:46 PM
  • Hi ,

Have you found any solution to your problem? I want to remove previous cookie of the web browser.For this I am trying to assign empty value in this .currentWebBrowser.Document.Cookie in document completed event. But the assignment does not work.

thanks

poonam

Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:46 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you found any solution to your problem? I want to remove previous cookie of the web browser.For this I am trying to assign empty value in this .currentWebBrowser.Document.Cookie in document completed event. But the assignment does not work.

thanks

poonam

Yes, I'm interested in the same questiuon

thxs

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:21 PM
  • Hi people.

First post around here.  ANY input greatly appreciated!  I am still using vb6 for most of my homemade projects.  What I'm trying to accomplish can't done in vb6 so it seems.  I thought I'd gather some info before jumping into this... some of you may suggest vb.net or such

I am using httprequests to get to a site, select <some options> on a first webpage, and submit.  The httpreponse confirms I'm now at the captcha page.  Now need user input.  I'd want to 'continue' that session under the htmlbrowser-control in my app.

The user could then solve the captcha and do his stuff.

Just that idea of jumping from an httprequest to a browser, possible or not?

Good night all of you

Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:31 AM