none
How can you tell which version of Net Framework is installed?

Question

• How can you tell which versions of Net Framework are installed on the computer. Can you tell from add/remove programs in the control panel? Thanks!
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:16 AM

Answers

• Hi CompuGuy

If you explore to the directory: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework there will be a directory for each version of the framework you having installed i.e. v1.0.3705, v2.0.50727, v3.0, v3.5 etc.

I am not aware of a way of telling what versions are installed from Add\Remove programs.

Regards

James

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:19 AM
  • Hi CompuGuy,

Thank you for your post.

As your concern, would you like to detect which .net framework versions have installed on your machine?

James’s solution is a simply way to detect your machine.

If you would like to confirm whether .net framework versions are installed correctly on your machine or not, you could download .net framework verification tool.

It will verify the presence of files, directories, registry keys and values for the .NET Framework.  It will also verify that simple applications that use the .NET Framework can be run correctly.

You could get it from aaron’s blog.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:43 AM
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi CompuGuy

If you explore to the directory: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework there will be a directory for each version of the framework you having installed i.e. v1.0.3705, v2.0.50727, v3.0, v3.5 etc.

I am not aware of a way of telling what versions are installed from Add\Remove programs.

Regards

James

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:19 AM
  • Maybe you can Check out the references below:

How do I detect what .NET Framework version is installed on a machine?

How to check the version of the dotnet framework installed.

And the capture from add/remove programs in the control panel in the control panel 

you can find the NET Framework version like this

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:12 AM
  • Hi CompuGuy,

Thank you for your post.

As your concern, would you like to detect which .net framework versions have installed on your machine?

James’s solution is a simply way to detect your machine.

If you would like to confirm whether .net framework versions are installed correctly on your machine or not, you could download .net framework verification tool.

It will verify the presence of files, directories, registry keys and values for the .NET Framework.  It will also verify that simple applications that use the .NET Framework can be run correctly.

You could get it from aaron’s blog.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:43 AM
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:38 AM
  • Hi compuguy,

I'm writing to follow-up this post. Do the above suggestions help you solve your concerns?

I'm marking this post as Answered. If you have any findings or concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:12 AM