none
msvcr100d.dll is missing. /MT not helping.

Question

• Hi. I'm programming in Allegro and when i try to compile my project, it's working on my computer. However it is not working on my friends computers. It tells them, that MSVCR100D.dll is missing. I have set Multi-Threaded /MT option already. How can i fix that thing? I don't wanna include dll files in my projects. I already have to include Allegro's dll file. By the way, is there any way to make Allegro's file implemented too?

Thanks if you answer.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 12:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• You need to produce a Release build in order to run your program on a machine that does not have VS2010 installed. 

If you think you are producing a release build, then you most likely have a mixture of release and debug libraries being pulled into your executable.  You can determine exactly where the reference to MSCVR100D is coming from by linking with the /VERBOSE switch and studying the linker output, looking for MSVCR100D.

-cd [VC++ MVP] Mark the best replies as answers!
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 12:56 AM
  • Thanks for answer. However i've tried all three Allegro libraries (alld.lib, allp.lib and alleg.lib). I bet one of these is not debug library.

How can i do that Verbose thing? Sorry, i'm pretty new in programming and visual studio.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:15 AM
  • Hi newn,

To build a project in Debug mode, you need to change the Active Solution Configuration to Release under Built | Configuration Manager... menu.

To set the /VERBOSE flag, open Project Properties | Linker | General, and set the value of "Show Progress" option.

Hope this helps,

Manvir Singh
    http://www.manvirsingh.net/

Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:07 AM
  • Okay, i've done that. It doesn't let me to post the full code here of the verbose output, just loads and then crashes, when i click submit. But anyway, i couldn't find that .dll file in here. Here is something similar, that i could find in the output:

1> Processed /DISALLOWLIB:libcmtd.lib
    1> Processed /DISALLOWLIB:msvcrt.lib
    1> Processed /DISALLOWLIB:msvcrtd.lib

What can i do further to make the program work?

And thanks for replies.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 10:59 AM
  • Well, if you have a dependency on MSVCR100D.DLL then one of two things is true:

• You're depending on it directly, in which case there will be mention of msvcrtd.lib in the output of link /verbose.
    • You're depending on it indirectly - i.e. a DLL that you're using is dependent on it.  You can determine if this is the case by using DependencyWalker (here) to check the dependencies of the DLLs that you're using.

If it's one of the DLL's that you're using, then you need to find a non-debug version of that DLL.

-cd [VC++ MVP] Mark the best replies as answers!
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:09 PM
  • Thanks for answer.

That dll was in all three versions of dlls, so all three dlls are dependant on it. One of them, however, was only with one line on the top right box in the program you gave me. But it requires the dll anyway. And there are no other dlls at Allegro library's website, so those three dlls is all you can get. You can check it here: http://www.allegro.cc/files/.

So is there anything i can do, to distribute the program normally?

Saturday, July 24, 2010 5:25 PM
  • Hi newn,

>>So is there anything i can do, to distribute the program normally?

Normally, you can build your application with /MD in release mode, and install the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package to the target machine.

Cheers,
    Yi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by newn Friday, July 30, 2010 11:31 PM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 8:34 AM
  • Hi newn,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestions? 

Yi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, July 30, 2010 2:29 AM
  • I'm sorry, i was VERY busy with making two big websites up and running past few days. haven't even touched Visual Studio or programming forums. :/ Seems by today i should get them up, if i work until the morning again.

Anyway, about your last suggestion, thanks for it, i will use it, when i will build bigger applications. Currently i am building just small apps, which are not wort making users to install other software to their machines. My applications currently are just simple beginner's style, like Ping Pong game, Calculators, Snake game, etc. They weight <1MB~, so i will probably have to include the .dlls itself in the .rar files. Soon i should begin making little bigger applications though.

Anyway thank you for your answer and sorry, for not replying for quite some time. I know what it means, when a customer doesn't reply for a long time, but well, that's a different case here, a big company. Well, anyway, back to work i guess...

Friday, July 30, 2010 11:31 PM