none
How to create a local symlink using .tpattributes

Frage

• We are migrating from SVN to TFS and we have lots of symlinks in SVN. As TFS doesn't support symlinks we are using .tpattributes to create symlinks. The problem that we have here is that we need local symlinks, not symlinks which are absolute to the source path.

I have two files, A, B both of them are checked into source control. Lets say they are under /trunk/src/lib

When i use .tpattributes and specify A:link=B, symlink gets created as

A -> /trunk/src/lib/B.

Instead i need a symlink which will be created like A->B, so i tried using local-link in .tpattributes like A:local-link=B, but for some reason the symlink doesn't get created. How can a create a symlink which will like A->B using .tpattributes

Thanks, --Kuldeep
    Freitag, 13. Januar 2012 21:19

Antworten

• I'm sorry, TEE does not support local symbolic links.  The documentation mistakenly describes this feature, but it is not available in TEE 2010 or 2010 SP1.  You'll have to use a shell script or some other automation to create them before you need them.
    Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012 12:15

Alle Antworten

• I'm sorry, TEE does not support local symbolic links.  The documentation mistakenly describes this feature, but it is not available in TEE 2010 or 2010 SP1.  You'll have to use a shell script or some other automation to create them before you need them.
    Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012 12:15
  • Thanks Shaw! Will it be supported in future versions? Also, will the documentation be updated so that it doesn't cause problems for users?
    Thanks, --Kuldeep
    Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012 14:40
  • I have not tried TEE 2010, but TEE 2012 supports it. I use it as follows:

libMyLib:local-link=./libMyLib-1.0.a

The catch is you have to create a file named "libMyLib" add it to TFS and check it in. Delete the local copy of "libMyLib" and the next get should get "libMyLib-1.0.a" and create a symlink named "libMyLib" that points to "./libMyLib-1.0a".

Chance

Freitag, 14. Dezember 2012 15:42