none
TF255322 while rebuilding Tfs_Analysis

Frage

• I tried to rebuild my Tfs_Analysis, as it got corrupted ("Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the Team System cube, from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data\Tfs_Analysis.0.db\Team System.1712.cub.xml'.", etc).

I followed the instructions mentioned here: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/oshryhorn/archive/2011/02/20/how-to-fix-tfs-analysis-when-it-is-corrupt.aspx (stop analysis services, delete Tfs_Analysis files, start the service, start rebuild from TFS Administration Console - Reporting).

When I try to start rebuild, an error occurs:
    TF255322: The installation parameters specify the use of an existing database, but the database could not be found. The database name is: Tfs_Analysis. The server hosting the database is <tfs server name>".

When I log to Analysis Services using MSSMS I see there is indeed no Tfs_Analysis DB there.

I found many manuals advising to drop Tfs_Analysis (and Tfs_Warehouse) before rebuilding them, so I assumed having Tfs_Analysis DB is not necessary to rebuild (also, rebuild procedure is supposed to drop them anyway), but it looks like they are.

What can I do now? I don't have Tfs_Analysis backup (what's the point if I can always rebuild it?...).

Best Regards,

Agnieszka Puzio

Freitag, 9. März 2012 17:32

Antworten