none
Is the feature of „public workspaces“ available on UNIX when using Team Explorer Everywhere command line client SP1?

Frage

• I would like to make a TFS workspace public when working on UNIX.

We are putting some UNIX folders under source control using TEE SP1 and would like several domain users to be able to work with those folders.

If one user creates his workspace and “reserves” those UNIX folders, no other user can map the same folders in his own workspace, because you get a workspace mapping conflict.

I have found this post from Martin Woodward written in 2009 http://www.woodwardweb.com/vsts/tfs/grant_holliday.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MartinWoodward+%28Martin+Woodward%29.

It says that: “I’ve spoken with a number of Teamprise customers who will benefit from this feature when we add workspace permissions to the cross-platform client as it seems fairly common to share access to a unix based build server.

So the question is if this feature is implemented?

Thank you for your answers,

Cheers, Ana

Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2011 11:32

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• I'm afraid that we have not added this feature at the moment.  It is on our backlog, and I'll add your vote to bump it up in priority.

Apologies,

Martin.

http://www.woodwardweb.com
    Freitag, 1. Juli 2011 09:54
    Besitzer
  • Thank you very much for your answer. Then we will to set up our environment without public workspaces, at least for the moment... Cheers, Ana
    Freitag, 1. Juli 2011 09:57
  • Martin,

any updates on this feature's availability?  I have an area that is stubbornly holding on to PVCS because of its ability to support this in a UNIX environment and we could save a ton of money in licensing fees by migrating to TFS (not to mention the soft savings of having everyone on an integrated ALM platform).

Thanks for your attention,

Mark

Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2012 14:38