Hello, Community members in the Visual Studio Tools for Office Forum,
In the passed 2 monthes, our support team worked out a VSTO FAQ. We are now publishing it in the Forum web to benefit new users who want to seek helps on some frequently asked questions. The following are the Questions/Answers entry list. And actually, this is just the begining of our FAQ content plan. We are still working on it and will add more items in the future.
Here, I want also take this chance to say "THANK YOU" to Misha Shneerson, Mary Lee, Kris Makey, Andrew Whitechapel, Mei Liang. Thanks for your time and input during the VSTO FAQ's creation. Of course, I will also want to appreciate many MVP moderators in the VSTO forum, like Cindy, Sue, Helmut and so on. Indeed, most FAQ items are collected from the threads you replied and contributed. Without your continuous warmhearted help, we cannot make the VSTO forum that successful. Thank you very much again!
OK. The entry list goes as follows,
1. How many versions of Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) are there, and what are the differences between them?
2. What are the similarities and differences between Shared Add-In and VSTO application-level Add-In?
3. What is the difference between VSTO document level customization and VSTO application level add-in?
4. What registry entries in the client machine are needed when an Add-In is deployed?
5. How to call the Add-In functions from an external application?
6. Why are some events of the Office Object Model not available from C# in the source code editor?
7. Why does my command bar button’s click event only fires for the first time?
8. How can I create a modeless window which takes Office main window as the owner?
9. How can I add a button into the context menu when I right click the mail item in Outlook’s Explorer?
10. Why doesn’t my VSTO add in load after the deployment, but works on my development machine when debugging in Visual Studio?
11. How to add a CommandBar and buttons in Outlook 2003 mail window?
12. How to get the location of the custom task pane when it is floating?
13. How can I set a ribbon control’s status programmatically?
14. How can I build a VSTO project on my build server which has not installed the Visual Studio?
15. How can I add a managed control onto the document surface in an Add-in?
16. How can I remove the customization from a VSTO document?
17. Is there a way to trap the CustomTaskPane’s close event when the custom task pane is closed? And will it automatically be disposed?
18. What are the similarities and differences between VSTO and VSTA?
19. Why can I not change the update location of VSTO v3 Add-in or Document once it is installed?
20. How to activate a Ribbon tab Programmatically?
21. How to detect if an Office application is in embedded status?
22. Can Office load addins targeting different versions of .NET Framework?
23. How to add a command bar to all Explorers in Outlook 2007?
24. How do I add a group to a built-in Tab in Word Ribbon and how do I add a tab before a built-in Tab?
25. Where to find the PIA Component IDs for the different Office applications?
26. How do I create a splash screen window for the VSTO applications?
27. Why are "New Item" templates not available after migrating to VS 2012?
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
Sonntag, 8. Februar 2009 13:59Moderator