none
Upgrade TFS 2010 SP1 with SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012

Odpovědi

• Hi Nicolas, 

Thanks for your post.

If you want to move TFS’s database from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012, I think you should contact SQL Server experts to confirm this first: If the SQL Server 2012 full support(exactly compatible) the databases which moved from SQL Server 2008 R2, you can post it at: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sqlserverfor the better response.

I didn’t find any official document in MSDN or TFS documentation to ensure that TFS 2010 is compatible with the SQL Server 2012 Standard.

TFS product team are testing TFS 2010 with SQL Server 2012, but we are not looking to change TFS 2010 if it does no work with SQL Server 2012.

If the SQL Server 2008 R2 database fully compatible in SQL Server 2012, I suggest you can do this upgrade in a test environment.  

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

13. března 2012 2:51
    Moderátor

Všechny reakce

• Hi Nicolas, 

Thanks for your post.

If you want to move TFS’s database from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012, I think you should contact SQL Server experts to confirm this first: If the SQL Server 2012 full support(exactly compatible) the databases which moved from SQL Server 2008 R2, you can post it at: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sqlserverfor the better response.

I didn’t find any official document in MSDN or TFS documentation to ensure that TFS 2010 is compatible with the SQL Server 2012 Standard.

TFS product team are testing TFS 2010 with SQL Server 2012, but we are not looking to change TFS 2010 if it does no work with SQL Server 2012.

If the SQL Server 2008 R2 database fully compatible in SQL Server 2012, I suggest you can do this upgrade in a test environment.  

John Qiao [MSFT]

13. března 2012 2:51
    Moderátor
  • Hi Preston, 

If misunderstood anything, please describe your question in more detail and we will be able to provide the better responses.

John Qiao [MSFT]

14. března 2012 6:35
    Moderátor
  • Nicolas,

While the experience with the Relational Engine should offer no complication (going by experience, and by no means does this say it is supported), the story behind the integration of TFS 2010 and Analysis Services 2012 will have a bit more complication.

Trying to gather as much info as I can for you in the next days.

Enrique Lima | Principal Consultant/Owner ThinkALM | http://geekswithblogs.com/enriquelima

16. března 2012 3:05
  • Hi everybody,

We are in the early phase of setting up a data warehouse environment on SQL Server 2012. This is a brand new installation and we do not have existing SQL Server 2008 R2 servers running...

I was hoping to use the SQL Server 2012 installation as database for our TFS 2012 installation but according to the answers above, that will not be possible. So what next? I'm not keen on the idea of installing a TFS 11 beta version (and does it include the scrum template and all the reporting etc. ??), but having to install a SQL Server 2008 R2 instance with SSRS and SSAS is to my opinion not a step in the right direction.

Thanks for any advice that can lead me in the right direction!

12. dubna 2012 9:02
  • Hi concerning "Official document", here is a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/products/visual-studio-team-foundation-server-2012#product-edition-tfs-details

click "product details" or go at the end: "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012"

However, in my case I have an MSDN Ultimate, but I don't know if I can install "SQL Server 2012 SP1" Enterprise or not. Just in case, I'll stick to "Standard".

WARNING, apparently, when SQL Server 2012 installed with SP1, DON'T install SQL Management Studio, with TFS 2012, because it brings to CPU to 100% for some people (it seams OK without the SP1).

This will keep my TFS Server as clean/small as possible anyway, and I could still install it afterwards if required.

Vincent.

Vincent THAVONEKHAM www.thavo.com

11. prosince 2012 13:48