none
Build revision number

Odpovědi

Všechny reakce

• Aleksander,

It is obviously an error in the table on msdn. Based on the example that is being used: $(BuildDefinitionName)_$(Date:yyyyMMdd)$(Rev:.r) they a showing a correct build name: DailyBuild_20090824.2

In your example you are using 4 fixed positions for the revision number and that is why you get 0001 and then with the following build the 0002

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. --- Success, Damir

6. března 2012 9:44
  • Hi, Damir

I change $(Rev:.rrrr) o $(Rev:.rr) and get next build 2.8.1.03 :)

As for me better when additional "r" increment revision (so this is a bug :)).

6. března 2012 10:15
  • Aleksander,

I am not sure what do you mean that this is a bug? Where? In MSDN? Or in the TFS Build?

If you look at the TFS Build and the definition of the Revision then is that a number of builds per day. And the notation that you use for it can be in different formats and that is what you specify by $(Rev:.r) or any number of "r" that you find useful.

So in your case you run the build for the third time but you also changed the notation to be written with minimum of two digits hence you get the 2.8.1.03

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. --- Success, Damir

6. března 2012 10:34
  • Hi Aleksander, 

Thanks for your post.

For your scenario, Damir provided us the detailed explanation, have you took that?

As Damir said, that’s a print mistake in that document, if set the $(Rev:.rr), after build the version will be 02, next build will be 03. Of course, it will begin from 01.    

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

8. března 2012 7:42
  • Hi, All!

As said microsoft connect - all works as designed: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/729029/build-revision-number

So this is a bug on msdn.

11. března 2012 14:32