Visual Web Developer 2010 Express: Cannot find Objects and Events drop down boxes at top of IDE

السؤال

• I am going through ASP.Net 3.5 for dummies, and was instructed to download Visual Web Developer 2010 Express.  I'm stuck at a certain point in the book because supposedly there is are two drop down boxes at the top of the IDE just above the source code frame.  The instructions state "In the Object drop-down list (top area of the source code frame), choose..."  After googling this, I found out it's called the Server Objects and Events drop down boxes.  I'm used to seeing these in other IDE's such as access VBA, excel, etc...  and the book even shows a picture with them there, but I cannot find them anywhere.  I have tried looking in settings, toolbars, etc... please help.
    14/ذو القعدة/1432 06:46 م

الإجابات

• FOUND THE ANSWER:

You need to turn it on manually. Tools -> Options, turn on the Show All Settings, then under Text Editor -> HTML, under Display section, select the Navigation Bar checkbox.  

• تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة DavidLeeWisniewski 14/ذو القعدة/1432 07:09 م
    14/ذو القعدة/1432 07:09 م

جميع الردود

• FOUND THE ANSWER:

You need to turn it on manually. Tools -> Options, turn on the Show All Settings, then under Text Editor -> HTML, under Display section, select the Navigation Bar checkbox.  

• تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة DavidLeeWisniewski 14/ذو القعدة/1432 07:09 م
    14/ذو القعدة/1432 07:09 م
  • Hi DavidLeeWisniewski,

I’m glad to hear that you got it working.

Thank you for sharing your solutions & experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Best regards,

Lucy

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

16/ذو القعدة/1432 04:53 ص