none
Failed to install VC++ 2008 Runtime on Windows 7 32bit (Freezing in Publishing Product Description: FT_VC_Redist_OpenMP_x86)

السؤال

• Dear All,

I failed to install VC++ Runtime on Windows 7 32bit, I spent a week without any succsess.

I am using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit and I have MS Office 2007 Installed. Arabic Unicode setting.

Looking for your support.

Thanks,

Khaled

12/جمادى الأولى/1431 07:23 م

الإجابات

• Hi Khaled ,

Thank you for your post and discussion with me on this issue via email.

Here is the summary of our discussion:

After some search with your log files, I found the following error message:

Error message:
    Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.30729.4974",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x800736FD.

In general, we could know the cause of error 1935 via the HRESULT in the log. However, in the log files, the HRESULT is 0x800736FD. I checked it with error tool (For more information on how to use it to troubleshoot installation issue: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/06/17/8611734.aspx).
    It means “An HRESULT could not be translated to a corresponding Win32 error code.” Thus, it doesn’t show some obvious evidence so that it would be hard for me to narrow down the root cause.

Thus, I suggested you to try some common workaround as the following:

- Please check whether you can find “Microsoft Visual C++ 2008  x86 Redistributable” in the Control Panel.
      If yes, try to remove it and run the setup again.

- If the above suggestion doesn’t work, could you please try to restore the OS configuration to an earlier point to start from scratch?
    Here is someone who has similar issue as you. Please see:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/vssetup/thread/59563fce-88aa-4bac-ba38-2af5c574bae5

Thank you for your kindly help on this issue. Since you have not followed up on this issue, I've marked this reply as answer temporarily. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Hope this will help others who have similar issue.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.

• تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة YiChun Chen 20/جمادى الأولى/1431 02:44 ص
    • تم التحرير بواسطة YiChun Chen 20/جمادى الأولى/1431 02:46 ص typo
    19/جمادى الأولى/1431 05:59 ص

جميع الردود

• I have the same problem! Could anybody have a look into this problem?
    12/جمادى الأولى/1431 09:41 م
  • Hi Khaled,

Based on your description, it seems that VS2010 installer failed to install VC 9.0 Runtime on your Windows 7 machine.

Could you help me to check whether you install VS2010 with the Administrator account?

If you're applying the ISO installer, you might try the following points to install VS2010:

- Make sure, to disable the Anti-Virus software during installation
    - For the ISO image, either:
       - Extract the ISO image, to your local computer, by using the 3rd-party tools like ISOBuster or WinZip and run the installation from the extracted file on the harddrive/harddisk
       - Mount the ISO image to a virtual CD drive, using another 3rd party tool something like MSVCD, Daemon tools, and run the installation from here.

If the problem still exists, could you please follow the following steps to collect the log files?

- Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install VS2010
      (The installer must be run with administrator privileges - Right-click the installer >> "Run as Administrator")
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0da314f-6216-4a18-bc6b-7d29cf83af20&displaylang=en
    - Send vslogs.cab file to me (v-yicche@microsoft.com)
      Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    13/جمادى الأولى/1431 09:07 ص
  • Hi Khaled ,

Thank you for your post and discussion with me on this issue via email.

Here is the summary of our discussion:

After some search with your log files, I found the following error message:

Error message:
    Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.30729.4974",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x800736FD.

In general, we could know the cause of error 1935 via the HRESULT in the log. However, in the log files, the HRESULT is 0x800736FD. I checked it with error tool (For more information on how to use it to troubleshoot installation issue: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/06/17/8611734.aspx).
    It means “An HRESULT could not be translated to a corresponding Win32 error code.” Thus, it doesn’t show some obvious evidence so that it would be hard for me to narrow down the root cause.

Thus, I suggested you to try some common workaround as the following:

- Please check whether you can find “Microsoft Visual C++ 2008  x86 Redistributable” in the Control Panel.
      If yes, try to remove it and run the setup again.

- If the above suggestion doesn’t work, could you please try to restore the OS configuration to an earlier point to start from scratch?
    Here is someone who has similar issue as you. Please see:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/vssetup/thread/59563fce-88aa-4bac-ba38-2af5c574bae5

Thank you for your kindly help on this issue. Since you have not followed up on this issue, I've marked this reply as answer temporarily. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Hope this will help others who have similar issue.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

• تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة YiChun Chen 20/جمادى الأولى/1431 02:44 ص
    • تم التحرير بواسطة YiChun Chen 20/جمادى الأولى/1431 02:46 ص typo
    19/جمادى الأولى/1431 05:59 ص
  •  

I am trying to install Microsoft Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2008 on my Windows 7, 32 bit, Thinkpad Laptop. When I tried to email the vslogs.cab file to (v-yicche@microsoft.com), it got bounced.

Before starting installation, I made sure to do the following:

1.       Run %temp% and delete all the files. Two files wont delete

2.       Disabled the McAfee anti-virus

3.       Ran the vcredist_x86.exe as administrator. I have admin rights in my machine, but I still ran it as an admin by right clicking an choosing “Run as Administrator”

4.       I have “Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable” installed in my machine already and ..2008 is not installed.

Would really appreciate if you can help me in troubleshooting the installation error.

Thank You

11/ذو القعدة/1431 09:21 م