Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtreleme ve SıralamaBu seçenekleri soru ve tartışma listesini sınırlamak için kullanın.
- 334SLNSH 4 saat 22 dakika önce
- 117BKR1 45 dakika önce
- 09swt1974 38 dakika önce
- 251260AleshaDBA 22 Ağustos 2012 Çarşamba 08:41
- 856pscorca 7 saat 39 dakika önce
- 348sakurai_db 14 saat 2 dakika önce
- 235shiftbit 3 saat 31 dakika önce
- 440Walt Reed 5 saat 2 dakika önce
- 247kalimidi 9 saat 39 dakika önce
- 767SLNSH 7 saat 24 dakika önce
- 1593ShivaniGoyal 12 saat 52 dakika önce
- 663SPFriend 18 saat 45 dakika önce
- 1294unini 23 Mayıs 2013 Perşembe 09:13
- 858SQL24 8 saat 52 dakika önce
Error: 17066, Severity: 16, State: 1. (Params:). The error is printed in terse mode because there was error during formatting. Tracing, ETW, notifications etc are skipped.mito access 23 Mayıs 2013 Perşembe 06:09
- 877Naveen550 11 saat 18 dakika önce
- 476SLNSH 23 Mayıs 2013 Perşembe 14:58
- 259SPFriend 15 saat 31 dakika önce
- 362SPFriend 19 saat 58 dakika önce
- 354gusosa 20 saat 53 dakika önce