none
The report definition for report 'report.rdlc' has not been specified

Soru

• Hello,

I created a simple report, bound the report to the ReportViewer-Control.

But the only thing I see is this error message
    "The report definition for report 'report1.rdlc' has not been specified"

I searched this forum and found thread about this problem. There somebody suggested to prepend report name with namespace in ReportEmbeddedResource property. I tried that but with no luck. Somebody also suggested to check BuildAction property of .rdlc file and set it to Embedded Resource. But i cannot find this property in Visual Studio. Where is it?

Examininig resulting .exe file generated by project shows that there is no embedded resource with .rdlc file. How can i embed .rdlc into .exe?

Thanks

31 Ağustos 2006 Perşembe 13:29

Yanıtlar

•  Shamez wrote:

Select the Report in Solution Explorer, then look at your property window - the first property is Build Action. Make sure it's set to Embedded Resource. Let us know if this doesn't help.

-Shamez

This is true only for C# and possibly VB projects. But when your project is in C++ there is no BuildAction in property window.

There is ugly workaround: you can go to project's property pages, open linker/input page and add report file name to "Embed managed Resource File" manually. That will add /ASSEMBLYRESOURCE:"report.rdlc" to linker command line.

04 Eylül 2006 Pazartesi 09:48
  • Select the Report in Solution Explorer, then look at your property window - the first property is Build Action. Make sure it's set to Embedded Resource. Let us know if this doesn't help.

-Shamez

01 Eylül 2006 Cuma 19:54

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Select the Report in Solution Explorer, then look at your property window - the first property is Build Action. Make sure it's set to Embedded Resource. Let us know if this doesn't help.

-Shamez

01 Eylül 2006 Cuma 19:54
  •  Shamez wrote:

Select the Report in Solution Explorer, then look at your property window - the first property is Build Action. Make sure it's set to Embedded Resource. Let us know if this doesn't help.

-Shamez

This is true only for C# and possibly VB projects. But when your project is in C++ there is no BuildAction in property window.

There is ugly workaround: you can go to project's property pages, open linker/input page and add report file name to "Embed managed Resource File" manually. That will add /ASSEMBLYRESOURCE:"report.rdlc" to linker command line.

04 Eylül 2006 Pazartesi 09:48
  • no it dosent helps

i am still getting the error

07 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 04:30
  • no it dosent helps

i am still getting the error

I did all the above proposed solutions (adding namespace & setting build action) and still get the same error:
    'The report definition for report 'ReportXXX' has not been specified'
    17 Şubat 2013 Pazar 10:01
  • I am also still getting the same error as specified above.

Edward R. Joell MCSD MCDBA

12 Ağustos 2013 Pazartesi 15:02