Code Analysis not working when run on a website project

Soru

• I am running Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Edition, I have a Website Project originally written in Visual Studio 2008 Professional. When I try to run Code Analysis, in the build window I see the project being rebuild (with no errors) but I don't see any call to FxCop. If I create a new Website and try the same thing after the build I see FxCop run and errors sent to the Output window. Why there are errors on the default Website project before I modify it is another question.

I have looked at all the files in the new default web project and compared them to the same files in my website I don't see any obvious differences except for the GUID numbers in the SLN file.

The only other thing that is different is the project files are stored in User\..\Visual Studio 2008\Project on my project and User\..\Visual Studio 2010\Project on the one that works.

13 Şubat 2012 Pazartesi 09:10

Yanıtlar

• My screen looks exactly like yours except I am using .Net Framework 4. I created a "New Website", and imported one file at at time (by adding Existing File) from the original site to the new one (including Web.config) and in the new project eerything works.

I am just going to use the new project. Thanks for the try.

14 Şubat 2012 Salı 07:08

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Check the code analysis option, this option will be added after you open the project with Visual Studio2010.

Mike Zhang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

14 Şubat 2012 Salı 05:43
    Moderatör
  • My screen looks exactly like yours except I am using .Net Framework 4. I created a "New Website", and imported one file at at time (by adding Existing File) from the original site to the new one (including Web.config) and in the new project eerything works.

I am just going to use the new project. Thanks for the try.

14 Şubat 2012 Salı 07:08
  • You're welcome.

Mike Zhang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

15 Şubat 2012 Çarşamba 08:33
    Moderatör