none
Hide "More Documents" link for list views in SharePoint 2010

Soru

• Ok - I did see a similar question for 2007, however, am wondering if anyone knows a good way (other than to expand the limits) for NOT displaying the "more documents" link for a list view in SP 2010. More importantly, can this be done globally on a site collection level that has over 120 sites within it? (I would hate to go to each page or have a client go to each page and add limits to list views to make this go away??)

KZ

05 Mart 2012 Pazartesi 20:03

Yanıtlar

• Hello,

Sorry it's been awhile. Well it was a customer site and I am not quite sure how it got there. I upgraded their site from 2007 to 2010. I have had a few issues simply because I did opt to NOT clean the 2007 of some issues it was having and some things that would have made the migration "ideal" so it could have been carry over. If I set the number of items to show I could get it to disappear, but users could not.

So, in fact, I found that for some reason (have to check their 2007 site) the contributor permissions did NOT include the ability to modify web parts, so I am not sure if that was creating some of the issues. I know that when I corrected that it fixed a few issues. I am marking this one closed! (At least until I check my theory and if I am wrong - will have to unmark this as the answer.) :(

KZ

• Düzenleyen KathZ 30 Mart 2012 Cuma 03:12
    • Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen KathZ 30 Mart 2012 Cuma 03:12
    30 Mart 2012 Cuma 03:11

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Hi ,

What is your SharePoint Edition ? How do you get the More Documents link ?Could you explain the detailed steps ?

I have a test based on your description on SharePoint 2010 .I can only set the list view to show items of set of items specific number
    .There will not be any More Documents link .It will only show the number of items show on the current page like 1-5> .

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

07 Mart 2012 Çarşamba 07:30
    Moderatör
  • Hi KathZ,

How did you manage to get the (More Documents...) link in SharePoint 2010 Document library? It would be great if you some light.

Cheers,
    Rajan
    My Blog: http://rajangarg.wordpress.com/
    SharePoint 2010 Document Converter
    Visual Studio 2010 Solution Export Import Add-in

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.

21 Mart 2012 Çarşamba 15:28
  • Hello,

Sorry it's been awhile. Well it was a customer site and I am not quite sure how it got there. I upgraded their site from 2007 to 2010. I have had a few issues simply because I did opt to NOT clean the 2007 of some issues it was having and some things that would have made the migration "ideal" so it could have been carry over. If I set the number of items to show I could get it to disappear, but users could not.

So, in fact, I found that for some reason (have to check their 2007 site) the contributor permissions did NOT include the ability to modify web parts, so I am not sure if that was creating some of the issues. I know that when I corrected that it fixed a few issues. I am marking this one closed! (At least until I check my theory and if I am wrong - will have to unmark this as the answer.) :(

KZ

• Düzenleyen KathZ 30 Mart 2012 Cuma 03:12
    • Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen KathZ 30 Mart 2012 Cuma 03:12
    30 Mart 2012 Cuma 03:11
  • I am going through an upgrade from 2007 to 2010 and running in to the same problem. In my case, I have around 6000 sites and I am not manually checking one web part at a time.

One good thing with 2010 is that the “(More Documents...)” is wrapped in an <a> tag with id = onetidMoreAnn.

My solutions is to just hide it from the display in my custom CSS. (for the entire web application)

#onetidMoreAnn {

display: none;

}

This should also work if you put this on a content editor web part for a single page.

06 Ağustos 2012 Pazartesi 17:24