15 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 18:32
I have specific questions on the Enterprise library logging block.
- I am looking to send in exception from remote clients using MSMQ to a collector box that in turn writes to a Database. Is this pattern built in to the block ?
- Also when you initiate a log request does it spawn a new thread or does it wait for it to "send" blocking the running thread ?
- What kind of reporting is provided for logged errors ?
- Is it possible to setup alerts on an exception ?
If somebody from Microsoft could comment would be of great help as the documentation does not answer my questions.
16 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 3:20
perhaps this will help
1) It can be configured via the configuration i.e. you have your application log to MSMQ and then the distributor has a configuration set to take those logs and place them in a databse
2) AFAIK it is synchronous - this is so you can handle any errors with logging i.e. if it is worth logging then it is worth knowing that your logging failed.
3) Whatever you put in the message you log i.e. stacktraces etc - it is up to you.
4) You can have different Listeners that will trigger on a number of criteria, all in the configuration files, EmailTraceListener is one you want to look into.
- ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Paul ZhouModerator 23 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 8:56
17 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 15:28
Thanks Shaun for your quick reply. I do have a couple more questions
Is it possible to extract just the "Logging Block" binaries from EL 5.0 ? I do not plan to use any other blocks supplied by EL to make it as much lightweight as possible. I would prefer to even go to the extent of extracting only dependencies baed on what protocol I use.
Regarding #2 - if I use the MSMQ it will just send the log to the queue and carry on right ? That is kind of asynch where it is not going to hold my business thread once it queues.
Does it offer any tool for configuration management or is it all in XML config files ?
23 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 8:56ผู้ดูแล
Thanks for your posting. It seems that Shaun's reply has provided answer for your original questions and you have more problems need to ensure.
Could you please post a new thread for your new problems?
Thanks very much for your understanding and support.
Have a nice day.
Paul Zhou [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
- แก้ไขโดย Paul ZhouModerator 23 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 8:56