none
Blue screen when closing VB10 application

คำถาม

• I am developing a simple application in VB10 that uses ADO.net to store data in an Access database, and gets input via a serial port RS232.  It works well, but is not fully debugged.  Unfortunately,  a problem has recently started where as soon as i close the program I get a blue screen.  Makes it hard to debug.  The solution does not even have to have run; it just has to have been loaded and then exit VB10.  The blue screen aslo happens to most of the other example solutions that I have downloaded.

Questions:

1)How do you capture the STOP error codes (probably stupid question)?

2) Is there an easy solution that rings a bell?  My IT support is trying but not getting anywhere.  Have to believe it is hardware related, but the hard drive checks out with testing.

regards,  Jim 

8 มีนาคม 2555 13:51

คำตอบ

• Hi Jim,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> How do you capture the STOP error codes?

I’d suggest you add a breakpoint in the beginning of the project and debug it step by step, this may not the best way but you can get the code that causing blue screen.

>> Is there an easy solution that rings a bell?

Do you mean a beep? If so, you can add a code beep() to achieve your goal. In addition, please check this link about playing a sound from a Windows Form.

Moreover, it seem that you're using a port RS232. I'd suggest you update its driver.

If I misunderstood anything, please feel free and feedback.

Best regards

Shanks Zen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• แก้ไขโดย Shanks ZenModerator 12 มีนาคม 2555 5:47
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Shanks ZenModerator 16 มีนาคม 2555 8:19
    12 มีนาคม 2555 5:41
    ผู้ดูแล
  • Shanks

Thanks for the advice.  Since I wrote the question I worked with one or our IT support people, and after may trials, we found out that the blue screen was caused by trend scan, our anti virus program. When you shut down trend scan, the blue screen does not occur when I stop the program .   So not a code issue (Whew!).  We believe there is something amiss with my operating system, because it runs OK on other computers that have  Trend Scan.  

Once again thanks for the advice and esp about updating the RS232 driver.

Jim

• ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Shanks ZenModerator 8 พฤษภาคม 2555 2:25
    7 พฤษภาคม 2555 15:02

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hi Jim,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> How do you capture the STOP error codes?

I’d suggest you add a breakpoint in the beginning of the project and debug it step by step, this may not the best way but you can get the code that causing blue screen.

>> Is there an easy solution that rings a bell?

Do you mean a beep? If so, you can add a code beep() to achieve your goal. In addition, please check this link about playing a sound from a Windows Form.

Moreover, it seem that you're using a port RS232. I'd suggest you update its driver.

If I misunderstood anything, please feel free and feedback.

Best regards

Shanks Zen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• แก้ไขโดย Shanks ZenModerator 12 มีนาคม 2555 5:47
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Shanks ZenModerator 16 มีนาคม 2555 8:19
    12 มีนาคม 2555 5:41
    ผู้ดูแล
  • Shanks

Thanks for the advice.  Since I wrote the question I worked with one or our IT support people, and after may trials, we found out that the blue screen was caused by trend scan, our anti virus program. When you shut down trend scan, the blue screen does not occur when I stop the program .   So not a code issue (Whew!).  We believe there is something amiss with my operating system, because it runs OK on other computers that have  Trend Scan.  

Once again thanks for the advice and esp about updating the RS232 driver.

Jim

• ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Shanks ZenModerator 8 พฤษภาคม 2555 2:25
    7 พฤษภาคม 2555 15:02