none
iexplore.exe - Application Error

คำตอบ

• Hello bennett1016,

You are probably experiencing this error due to an ActiveX control on a web page that you are visiting. Essentialy what the message states is that the instruction at the executing address (here its at 0x62304320) tried to read from the same memory block that is currently executing. In basic terms it tried to read 2x at the exact same moment on the same location which cannot be done. I would contact the site which you encountered the error on and notify them about the error.

Thanks!

Matthew Braun

27 พฤศจิกายน 2549 18:01

ตอบทั้งหมด

• I get the exact same message.  Have you found any answers?

What have you tried to do?

Tom

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Ajay Gautam 6 กรกฎาคม 2552 12:23
    23 กันยายน 2549 16:55
  • I also get error message with my explorer.

It says "0x00139ae5" referenced memory at "0x00139ae5". The memory could not be "written".

It happened when I installed and used IE 7 beta.

Already getting frustrated with this.

26 กันยายน 2549 7:47
  • I'm getting this with IE 6.  Just started as well.
    28 กันยายน 2549 14:59
  • I discovered the problem.  It was because of Yahoo Toolbar add on.  I uninstalled it and now it works fine.

Marty

28 กันยายน 2549 15:23
  • Hi Bennett,

How did you remove the yahoo tool bar?

I have the same error message.

Thanks,

Eric

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Ajay Gautam 6 กรกฎาคม 2552 12:24
    29 กันยายน 2549 4:11
  • On the tool bar there is a pencil.  Click that and then uninstal or use control panel.
    29 กันยายน 2549 12:09
  • I don't use the Yahoo tool bar and I get a similar message when I close Ie 6..  "The instruction at "0x02653812" referenced memory at "0x0277bb2c". The memory could not be read. (All XP updates installed.)
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Ajay Gautam 6 กรกฎาคม 2552 12:27
    29 กันยายน 2549 14:16
  • From what I have read it is because of add ons that you have or spyware.  One IE add on that I had was yahoo toolbar.  I removed it and the problem stopped.  Perhaps you have google toolbar or some sort of spyware.
    29 กันยายน 2549 15:13
  • I too am experiencing the same problem -- have been for a few days now. I haven't installed anything new in a while, but I have had the Google toolbar for sometime now. I modified it to just show me the google search box and haven't had any trouble since then (it's been more than a day now, and I used to get the error at least 2ce a day).
    10 ตุลาคม 2549 19:11
  • after fixing prob. stated prev.  now get THIS error msg.   "The instruction at"0x02302bf2" referenced memory at"0x029b6aa8" the memory could not be "read".  Is there no end to these error msgs?
    21 พฤศจิกายน 2549 14:38
  • Hello i would like to know how to fix this problem on my computer. If there is away please let me know so i can fix it.

Tracyb

23 พฤศจิกายน 2549 11:24
  • Hello bennett1016,

You are probably experiencing this error due to an ActiveX control on a web page that you are visiting. Essentialy what the message states is that the instruction at the executing address (here its at 0x62304320) tried to read from the same memory block that is currently executing. In basic terms it tried to read 2x at the exact same moment on the same location which cannot be done. I would contact the site which you encountered the error on and notify them about the error.

Thanks!

Matthew Braun

27 พฤศจิกายน 2549 18:01
  • It sounds like you might have a badly-behaved control on your system, if you're using IE6 on XPSP2 or IE7 you should be able to use 'manage add-ons' to disable it. just disable it or add some activex control through 'manage add-ons'
    28 พฤศจิกายน 2549 9:07
  • Not sure if this is related, but I get a cannot read memory at location 0xXXXXXXX (varies) after I have 8-10 browser pages open, no matter what site I am at.  I've learned to live with it, but sometimes, because of pop-ups, it still gets me. When it happens the mouse become slugggish and nothing it responsive.  Then 6-8 minutes later, I get the error message.  I've gone through several versions of IE and also several complete memory module changes (at 2GB now), but the problem still persists.

30 พฤศจิกายน 2549 18:24
  • I allowed the auto update to IE7.  It starts up and runs fine but it will not shut down all the way.  The tab screen goes blank but the program does not close all the way.  I have to ctrl-alt-delete to close it.
    1 ธันวาคม 2549 18:24
  • I experienced the same problem, this is what I did to fix the problem: I selected 'tools'  -->  Manage Add-ons --> Enable/Disable Add-ons:  I then started disabling add-ons - I'd close my browers and if I got the error, I would restart the browers, Enable the Add-ons I had disabled then disabled other add-on's until I found the one that was causing the error.
    1 ธันวาคม 2549 19:36
  • I get the same error  (with different numbers) but same message. I get it whenever i open a folder (any folder) or i try to use movie maker, or several programs. And I have not used Explorer in years. I'm a firefox guy. Thanks for any help

19 ธันวาคม 2549 3:44
  • I am personally using a partner with Yahoo Internet, being AT&T (formerly SBC Internet Services), and disabled any and all Yahoo! Add-ons.  In doing this, it has apparently ceased the error which I was getting of:

IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error
    The instruction at "0x62304390" referenced memory at "0x62304390".  The memory could not be 'read'. 
    Click on OK to terminate the program.

Using IE6.0, I went to the Tools menu -> Manage Add-Ons, and disabled the addtional unnecessary features (which were also major memory hogs, like A-O-HeLL); and viola! - error gone.

5 มกราคม 2550 10:17
  • hell'o

how can i fix this problem

5 มกราคม 2550 19:40
  • I have google toolbar, is that the reason I'm getting the application error? How were you able to modify your google search box so that the application error doesn't show up anymore?
    10 มกราคม 2550 19:20
  • where do i find the pencil?

13 มกราคม 2550 6:39
  • i guess thats nth much that we can do now except to wait for another patch from mircosoft..

but theres another serious problem i faced wif "iexplore.exe". It hogs up my CPU memory up to 99% most of the time, cozing of the other task to sort of "hang" (too slow to react)

So currently im just end the process wif the task manager, i noe its a risky thing to do, but i dun hav much of a choice dun i.

Linking to above, the "VirusScan" always pops out at the start telling me im over buffer wif "iexplore readme" . In my best interest i tried to find the readme file to solve the prob, but this readme file dun exsist at all.....

Can any1 save me from tis ?

15 มกราคม 2550 11:39
  • The error message has occurred more often.  Why?  What causes it?
    19 มกราคม 2550 17:59
  • I get the same message.  Did you ever find out how to fix this?
    12 กุมภาพันธ์ 2550 1:27
  • I uninstalled all tool bars and still get the message; any way around this?
    23 กุมภาพันธ์ 2550 15:18
  •   I was having the same error 0x62304390.  I removed the Yahoo tool bar and my error went away.

Thanks,

ladybutterfly24

24 กุมภาพันธ์ 2550 13:54
  • There doesn't seem to be a particular site where this error occurs. Could you be more specific on how to fix the problem?  Is there a hotfix or something else I can do?

Thanks!

Doug Ramsburg

2 มีนาคม 2550 2:53
  • thank you bennett for your advice

i was looking for that "0x62304390" file

and i ran into this very helpfull page by accident

i would appreciate it a lot if you or anybody else replied me via email

to tell me what website is this and how can i reach it again for further errors or frustrations

thanks alot guys

wasfyasser@hotmail.com

new74953@yahoo.com

hope to hear from you all soon :)

2 มีนาคม 2550 3:53
  •  

After I uninstalled yahoo toolbar it seems to be working fine.  I would uninstal any tool bars (google, yahoo).  It worked for me.

2 มีนาคม 2550 4:14
  •  

Thanks katmatt1.... I have been having a similar problem for quite some time.. iexplore.exe application error... the instruction at 0x74985ed referenced memory at 0x00000020, the memory could not be read.. run explorer7, norton internet security,earthlink, winxp.. tried to call microsoft, gateway, earthlink, anybody and everybody.. tried deleting explorer 6... all no good... tried your method.. to explorer and manage add ons... selected first one... made it inactive... tried to close explorer.. got the error.. reactivated that one.. deactivated the next one... and so on... finally deactivated Earthlink.... ElnkscamBHO and problem solved..... and by the way... prior to all this I finally gave up and took this thing to a computer shop... they did a backup and reboot and for the first six hours it worked fine... but then the same error messages showed up when I closed explorer pages... so all is good and thanks...

4 มีนาคม 2550 18:29
  • I get similar, but different code than anybody else...

instruction at 0x02c93795 referenced memory at 0x02714658

help?

5 มีนาคม 2550 18:12
  • I am getting the following error very similar to everyone else's: 

The instruction at “0x7c9105f8” referenced memory at “0x01d20010”.  The memory could not be “read”.  Click on OK to terminate the program

With a title bar of “Acrobat IEHelper:  IEXPLORE.EXE – Application Error

I do not have any add-on toolbars.  What do you suppose is wrong with my Acrobat that it's causing this error when I shut down Internet explorer (even if I wasn't even viewing an Acrobat document)?

Thanks.

6 มีนาคม 2550 16:17
  • Well, after upgrading to IE7, the error message has now gone away.  I don't know that it has anything to do with add-ons.  Perhaps a simple ugrade will help you all.  One guy here said you can call Microsoft and get a patch sent to you to correct the problem, but only after you prove you get the error, etc.  Rude.   Our tech guy is still researching to see if he can find a solution since we have to use IE6, so if he comes up with something, I'll post back again.

7 มีนาคม 2550 23:00
  • WOW, there’s SO much information on this problem, I don’t know where to start!

1. Have XP Home, Office 2000 Small Bus., and have Downloaded Serv. Pks 1, 2, n 3, which included IE7.

2. Since then, I’ve been getting an Error Report, just about every time I try to write a message like this one.  When I click on “send”, is when the error screen appears, but at no other time.

Then when I send, or don’t send the Error Report, clicking either, closes IE7, loosing the message. I have to then re-open IE7, log back on to the site, and try to continue/re-write with the message.

(PS: this is the second time I’ve tried to write this one)

As I open IE7 again, another message box appears, telling me that I need to be online, and AM already.  I always check the “File” dropdown menu of IE7, seeing that I am NOT working offline, and then close the box.  Am then able to attempt to write the message again.

3. I have gone to Downloads, and Re-Installed IE7 by it’s self, but no help there.

4. When I go to Downloads, after it checks the system, the Links column on the Left side of the screen, says that I have Office 3000.  Not true, it’s 2000 SB.  Is/would this “misinformation” cause the above problem, if MS System thinks I have Office 3000, and I don’t, therefore offering Downloads that might cause this problem?

5. I’m SO fed up with this, I’m thinking about going back to IE6, but I don’t know if I can, with the Service Packs installed now ?

As I read your Posts here, I see that I may need to look up some number, related to the message, which I have not done yet, is that necessary ?

Also I see that many of you have had trouble with the Add on Tool bars.  I have the Google bar, but, it is part of my ISP program!  I rarely use the dahm thing, have it turned off, and would willingly delete it, but, that may screw up my link with my ISP!

Sorry, I’m just a little exasperated right now !

cwithurmind,

I too have had problems closing IE7, and had to access the Task Manager.

Also, I think that “replying” here is the right process, if my experience is working today, instead of starting a new “thread”, I hope I’m right !  If not, I apologize to WendyBme!
    8 มีนาคม 2550 17:53
  • Turns out our IE6 error was because of one of our add-ons by the way.  We did as a previous poster suggested and just started disabling the add-ons one at a time and viola! - it was our testing software we use that was the culprit.  But seriously - all my issues went away with the upgrade to IE7.  Our testing software doesn't play nice with IE7 though, which is why we had to go back to 6.  That's an issue we'll have to take up with the software manufacturer.  Hope the upgrade to IE7 helps all of you though.  Good luck...
    8 มีนาคม 2550 18:59
  • SWHouston - you poor thing - what a mess you're going through.  Ugh.    The only thing I can tell you is that Yes, you can go back to IE6 - our tech guy did that to my co-worker's machine yesterday.  He went to System Restore and accessed it in that manner.  Hope that helps at least some of your issues...
    8 มีนาคม 2550 19:04
  • WendyB,

You don't know HOW GLAD I was, just to see that I had connected with someone !

Though astonished, that each time I re-logged on, that my post had actually been Posted !

I've since deleated two of them, maybe nobody noticed !

Took you advice (completely), and clicked off ALL the Tool Bars at the top of IE7 above.  We'll see if that works, and IF it does, I'll add one at a time, and see which one messes things up.  This is the first post i've tried to write, since I did that, so we'll see.

I now need to go to the main Topic area, and delete a new Topic I started in despreation.  This site is really hard to navigate !

Gees that makes someone do crazy things !

Again, THANK YOU for your understanding, patients and advice, and if you don't mind one more thing, this site does not have a Spell Check does it?, or am I just missing that too!?

8 มีนาคม 2550 20:54
  • SW,

I think this site is hard to get into and navigate as well.  Someone sent me a link to it and invariably I have to go back to that email and click on the link just to get here!  I am unable to find a spellchecker on here.  They seem to have everything else BUT.  I guess you could always copy and paste the text into Word and do it there, then copy it back. 

Good luck with things...

8 มีนาคม 2550 22:11
  • You know practically every application under the sun that interacts with IE6 or IE7 has been discussed as the likely culprit.  If it was always the same application causing problems, I would say then it's the application and not IE.  But, in looking over the posts from others who have been having this problem, it seems the problem started for many after the release of IE7, not after the release of IE6 - even though the problem effects both IE versions.  Now more than ever I'm more inclined to believe it isn't necessarily a problem with add-ins, recent visits to suspect websites, or any of a number of other programs/pages that a user uses/visits.  I strongly believe now it is a problem with IE that just isn't getting the attention of folks at Microsoft.  Many have purposely not installed IE7 for many different reasons, but it reading over the posts, others say that installing IE 7 most often corrects the problem if you experienced it in IE6. Could this be a way for MS to nudge the holdouts to switch to IE7?  I don't know the answer, but I really wish that Microsoft would be more proactive about fixing this issue.  It is a problem that just came out of the blue and now it is causing problems on my home machine and just started to occur on my business machine too.  I have not installed any new programs or visited any pages that I didn't before the problem began.  It's a hideous problem that Microsoft needs to be out in front of.

Doug Ramsburg

Thornton Colorado 

10 มีนาคม 2550 14:49
  • Wendy, Doug, I am SO glad to have found this site, though I knew that something like this existed, just never ran across it.

You both don't know HOW MUCH I appreciate your very informative assistance, THANK YOU !

Wendy,

YES, though I'm not doing that now, I have written longer post (I can be very gabby) in Word 2000, and copied it over to paste into screens like this.  Saved me a LOT of embarassment !

However, since I "clicked off" the Tool Bars, I have not had a problem being knocked off line, as I had before.  I have not turned one at a time back on as yet, but, will try that, and see if I can identify which, or combination of, was causing the problem.  Again, thanks for your help there.

Doug,

I have downloaded Serv Pk 1, 2. 3 on this Computer, and as I said earlier, the IE7 came with that.  I  also have a Network here, but, am resisting doing any further Downloads to the other one, because it still has IE6 on it, and functions quite well.  I hate not to take advantage of the Spacks, but given the experience I've had with the IE7, I'm thinking of changing this computer back to IE6 (as Wendy said she did).

My other BIG problem with IE7, may be because of some error that's not showing up.

Previously (with IE6) on this Computer, I was able to "Save" html's, and read them offline.  But, now that I have IE7 on this one, it will not Save, or Open any .html I have saved in the past.  I do a lot of research on topics, have FAQ's and other pages, that I have to go to my older computer on my Network, and save.open them on that one.  BIG hassle!

Is this something that either of you has experienced, is IE7 intentionally not letting me save as I did before.  I really want to keep IE7 on this one, not for any perticular reason, other than it's newer!  You have any reccommendations, either of you?

GEES!!!, I just got another Error Report just now, and it didn't knock me offline !!!

This time it was WebSearch.exe, said it needed to close (what I don't know) but the Code was: 0xd0000005, if that means anyting, at least it didn't close the IE7, where I could finish this.

Again, thank BOTH of you !  (I'd better Post this, before my luck runs out )

10 มีนาคม 2550 22:43
  •  

I get the following error message when I close my internet explorer.

The instruction at "0x62304320" referenced memory at "0x62304320", The memory could not be "read".  Click on OK to terminate that program.

Plz send me the solution ASAP.

11 มีนาคม 2550 18:29
  • I bennett i read ur problem with IE7 on the forum and i also been having the same problem for a while now......i don't know how to fix it......can u please help me out!?.........if u can.......thanks a  million ......this thing is driving me insane!!1
    16 มีนาคม 2550 5:19
  • Read some of the above posts and you will see how to go about fixing it.  Most seem to have been fixed by either disabling some Add-Ons (Tools-->Manage Add-Ons-->Enable or Disable Add-Ons) or upgrading to IE7.
    16 มีนาคม 2550 14:44
  • Hi there everybody, I have been suffering with the same problem as all the above, but only when my kids try to enter a particular site (Runescape.com). I tried all the above after googling the error (how great is google for bringing me here!) but it did not solve the problem.

But.......... I have solved it and thought I would share with you how it worked. It may not be the solution for you, but it may help, so its worth a try.

I went to tools>internet options>advanced> down to the "reset" box. I then read what would happen if I were to go ahead, and must admit at first glance it seemed pretty scary. It disables all add ons, including all your too-bars, deletes cookies and passwords (apparantly) and some other stuff.

Being at the end of my teather I thought it must be worth a go, so I hit the button.

It has worked. My kids can now use the site with no problems, and I have gradually gone down the add-on list and re-enabled everything one by one, firstly checking the site lets me in before doing so, and it has done.

My specific problem was to do with sun java and an applet application. they may have been conflicting with each other.

Give it a try. There has been no problem other than having to sign into a lot of things again, but its worth it to have worked out what was wrong. Ive even been ok enabling all my toolbars (google etc) though Ive left the yahoo one off........... never really used it in the first place.

Oh......... and Ive not had to re-set any passwords either.

Good luck and do let me know if the above works for any of you.

29 มีนาคม 2550 19:31
  •  

I am getting this msg now.  It says that u were getting it in 9/06, but do u still remember how u fixed it?   I'd be greatly thankful if u could help me out...

7 เมษายน 2550 2:01
  • Can I please what was that that iis problematic in the add ons
    7 เมษายน 2550 7:03
  •  

I also get the error message but I am unable to repair it

8 เมษายน 2550 17:39
  • can someone explain what an "add-on" is for & if its really needed?  meanwhile, i just disabled every add-on except for 2: 1)norton confidential browser helper; 2)windows live sign-in helper (microsoft corp).<--was afraid to disable these since i dont know what add-ons are (was afraid my instant messenger would stop working as well as the norton antivirus).  since i just disabled the others, i'll have to wait awhile to see if it cures this.

also, of noteworthy mention is the fact that i DONT have this with IE6...i'm having it with the new download of IE7...and, i also havent even used IE7 (except to surf to here just now) but it seems when i downloaded the upgrade to IE7 it automatically transferred those add-ons into the IE7.  swell is all i can say...

as far as disabling activeX controls, i'm about to do that when i'm done posting this.

dont want to start another thread, but i also have a message (unknown if its an error?) that says "windows internet explorer-a socket connection has been closed."<--this one came up once (havent had IE7 very long) but i'm expecting more of this.  this one started after i had went into "tools" "internet options" "connections" "LAN settings" "LAn settings button" checked the box for "automatically detect settings".  symantec said to do this so norton antivirus could get all its updates (this worked, but now i get that message).  does anyone know about this message?

also, i have another question besides "what are add-ons & are they needed?".  i want to know if disabling the add-on for the comcast toolbar will now KILL the toolbar so i'll have to uninstall it (if this is so, then what toolbar can i use with IE7??)?

if anyone knows these answers, let me know.  i'll bbak to check posts here.

thanx

p.s. here's my editorial about microsoft and this error issue:  how nice of you not to offer free tech support to give us all a solution & instead leave us to find peer support on the forum...swell.

bye 4 now.

11 เมษายน 2550 2:27
  • here's something of noteworthiness i found on microsoft.com under the heading of "security tips":

add-ons & activeX controls should only be accepted from TRUSTED SITES.  reason?  many activeX controls contain  browser hijackings witch will cause pop-ups, display content you dont want, or cause PC to stop respondng.  also, once you accept something & dont need it again you'll have go in & disable it each time this occurrs.

this is something i needed to know.  being "new" to the PC world i had no idea what it entails.  so i thought some others may need to know this as well so thats why i'm posting it here.

bye again.

p.s.  forgot to say that i did what i just posted about.  i DID disable the add-ons (except to windows live messenger which is microsoft product, & the norton confidential help (being symantec, it originally came with windows so i guess its "compatible"), & now my error message is gone (so far, dont trust it for later...hehehe).  i've tested & tested & the error hasnt reappeared.  hooray!

you people who posted this help should be hired on as tech support at microsoft (they need the help).

11 เมษายน 2550 3:19
  • I have the exact same problems.  Have you found any results how to fix?  Thank you
    14 เมษายน 2550 12:02
  • I have errors myself. But I have not been able to find any strings or posts that relate precisely to my error. I have been playing a game: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption, and when I try to transit to chapter two, I get the following error.

The instruction at "0x2112bf3" referenced memory at "0x02f68f18". The memory could not be "read".

And the game shut down. It was not related to Internet Explorer, Windows update, or any of those. So, I have been looking at all the repair ideas, and am thinking that none of them will help me. Please, -someone- help!!!
    14 เมษายน 2550 14:00
  • I just wanted to thank you for resolving my problem, I was getting "0x59ac891d" reference at "0x59ac89id" The required data was not place into memory because of an I/O errorstatus of "0x0000090" anyway i did as you mention on top and found out that google toolbar was giving me the trouble thank you again for your help on resolving my problem.
    15 เมษายน 2550 17:13
  •  JimColsOH wrote:

I am personally using a partner with Yahoo Internet, being AT&T (formerly SBC Internet Services), and disabled any and all Yahoo! Add-ons.  In doing this, it has apparently ceased the error which I was getting of:

IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error
    The instruction at "0x62304390" referenced memory at "0x62304390".  The memory could not be 'read'. 
    Click on OK to terminate the program.

Using IE6.0, I went to the Tools menu -> Manage Add-Ons, and disabled the addtional unnecessary features (which were also major memory hogs, like A-O-HeLL); and viola! - error gone.

15 เมษายน 2550 17:47
  • I had exactly same problem.

When I close some windows I got application error too with some numbers on it.

I fixed it as follows:

The problem started with fuking yahoo  tolbar.

You need to unistall yahoo tolbar immediatly.

There is a pencil on left part, click on pencil and then click unistall.

Thanks

Nory

16 เมษายน 2550 5:12
  •  bennett1016 wrote:

The instruction at "0x62304320" referenced memory at "0x62304320", The memory could not be "read".  Click on OK to terminate that program.

Any ideas what is causing this???

4 พฤษภาคม 2550 15:44
  • hey

removing the add-ons in the "manage add-ons" section of ie7 does work. i just disabled all of them. whatever. im goin to firefox

p.e.a.c.e.

6 พฤษภาคม 2550 23:17
  •   I get the following message: The instruction at "0x6600 accc" referenced memory at "0x6600 accc." The memory could not be read."

17 พฤษภาคม 2550 16:39
  • I did the manage add-ons --> disable  thing, and the culprit was the PeoplePC "PeoplePal" toolbar. I don't even use PeoplePC, but it was lurking. Seems to be a toolbar thing.
    17 พฤษภาคม 2550 21:06
  • Manage add-ons --> disable worked for me. The culprit was the PeoplePC "PeoplePal" toolbar. I don't even use PeoplePC, but the toolbar was lurking on my computer.

Seems to be a toolbar thing!

17 พฤษภาคม 2550 21:11
  • Please help me to fix this
    17 พฤษภาคม 2550 22:56
  • Well...

I have been using Windows XP since the begining, and I know this error is new.

I wonder if anyone came up with a good solution...

I started disabling complements.. but here comes a hairy thing... my computer has just been formated... I have erased all files and installed Windows XP Professionall again, with SP2...

Upgraded to Internet Explorer 7, installed Acrobat Reader and Java Sun Aplications, to enter in some bank account sites... thats all... no viruses at all, my memory is brand new, up and running...

At first, I got the memory error messages and my CPU had a usage of 100% for IE7 ! Now, after disabling Acrobat Reader complements, I JUST GET THE MESSAGE, but MY CPU has come to work right again...

Though, the Iexplore.exe error is still showing up every god damn time I close the Internet Explorer window... should be something related with software...

This tread is new, no I wonder if anyone of you guys has the answers... please post as soon as possible.

Remember that my computer does not have Google or Yahoo tollbaer installed, or any other addons except Acrobat Reader and Java SUn ones... ( Acrobat fucks your system after installation, putting several files to load with windows startup, version 8.0 ).that are disabled...

Please help me.

21 พฤษภาคม 2550 19:50
  • Yes Tracyb, try disabling your Yahoo! Toolbar, nothing else. Click on Tools Menu and open Manage Ad-ons...then, select Yahoo! Toolbar and disabled it. This will do the trick and your error problem holaaaa! Give me a msgs if this will work. Good Luck!

31 พฤษภาคม 2550 20:21
  • Thanks Marty all fixed, had wondered why this error popped up all of sudden.....
    10 มิถุนายน 2550 23:20
  • Hi Katmatt1,

I too have the error message but when I go to the Tool Menu, I can't find Manage Add-Ons .  What I do have is "Internet Options".  Is that what you are all talking about?  I do have IE6.

Thanks

12 มิถุนายน 2550 16:35
  • You have to go into IE6 options and click on the advanced tab scroll down until you see enable third party service extensions and unclick the box then the problem goes away but for some reason you aren't able to use Yahoo toolbar it dissappears when you unclick that box ..........how annoying is that?????
    18 มิถุนายน 2550 2:23
  • Can you tell me how I can read replies to your question?  I have a similar problem and don't know how to view replies you might have gotten. One or more of these replies could help me as well.  When I click on reply, it mistakingly thinks I wish to reply. I don't know where to click to view replies you got from others, as I do not have an answer to the problem but am looking for a solution to it.  Thanks !!
    20 มิถุนายน 2550 12:26
  • No, I am trying to find out also.
    29 มิถุนายน 2550 5:35
  • I too have been getting this error message after logging in or out of one specific site and closing IE6 browser. It just started about four days ago. My windows updates are all current. My Antivirus is current and the three spyware/adware programs I use are as well. It all appears to be clean. If any one else is experiencing this please let me know. I have not had this problem on any other websites just the one site. I have disabled third party extensions under the Advanced tab. I have gone through the entire ad ons… under Tools. I do not use any yahoo or google toolbars or other products. I’m kind of stumped.

Thank you

The instruction at "0x7e1f9af3" referenced memory at "0x7dc48950" The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

6 กรกฎาคม 2550 17:14
  • It should be third on the list after clicking Tools in IE6 just under Pop Up Blocker.
    6 กรกฎาคม 2550 17:38
  •  Matthew Braun - MSFT wrote:

Hello bennett1016,

Thanks!

Matthew Braun

I have contacted the site and waiting for an answer. I was getting all kinds of Active X blocked. I have not seen any blocks in a while. Wondering if one has found its way through?

I have been getting this error message after logging in or out of one specific site and closing IE6 browser. It just started about four days ago. My windows updates are all current. My Antivirus is current and the three spyware/adware programs I use are as well. It all appears to be clean. If any one else is experiencing this please let me know. I have not had this problem on any other websites just the one site. I have disabled third party extensions under the Advanced tab. I have gone through the entire ad ons… under Tools. I do not use any yahoo or google toolbars or other products. I’m kind of stumped.

Thank you

The instruction at "0x7e1f9af3" referenced memory at "0x7dc48950" The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

6 กรกฎาคม 2550 17:57
  • Hi I have the same problem as well.. I don't have any toolbars..It only happends when I go to certain sites like myspace. How should I explain this to Tom? Please help me.
    8 กรกฎาคม 2550 20:11
  •  

I also have for the last four days gotten the same error.  It is only on that one site and I have done all that everyone has suggested.  I do not know if we are allowed to say what site, but it is a "SPACE" site that reffers to mine.  It is a pain in the butt, and do not know if it is doing anything to my computer.  Anti-virus and spyware scans do not pick it up.  Nor did I see anything suspicious in "TOOLS".  Any help would be great.

10 กรกฎาคม 2550 14:29
  •  Matthew Braun - MSFT wrote:

Hello bennett1016,

Thanks!

Matthew Braun

HAHA what a pathetic excuse. Microsoft created the browser that the ActiveX control runs in. Microsoft created the OS that the browser runs on. Microsoft created the ActiveX technology. But Matthew points blame away from MS toward web sites? pathetic wanker

12 กรกฎาคม 2550 7:47
  • hey microsoft, how about addressing this? Can't you take a little responsibility for your defects? pages and pages of pleas for help here... and you wonder why people hate you
    12 กรกฎาคม 2550 8:52
  • if the trouble was with google toolbar, it's because microsoft "updated" IE to cause problems with Google Toolbar in order to steer more users toward the Microsoft search tools.
    12 กรกฎาคม 2550 8:53
  • If you don't find the pencil go to control panel, open Add/Remove programs, scroll down the contains and find Yahoo tollbar and click remove. Restart your computer to take effect.
    14 กรกฎาคม 2550 6:59
  • The instruction at "0x62304320" referenced memory at "0x62304320", The memory could not be "read".  Click on OK to terminate that program.
    14 กรกฎาคม 2550 15:14
  • That sounds like you are so confident.  However, I get similar errors no matter where I'm at, and sometimes it happens when I simply click on a link and it opens IE7.  Clicking "OK" in the error message box closes the browser and most of the time, I'll get the error message repeatedly, which closes my browser. 

I switched from Firefox for a few reasons, but this and how slow IE is, is almost causing me to go back.

I'm strongly leaning towards Windows Live Toolbar as the culprate, which sucks, because I enjoy some of the features, such as the Live Favorites syncing, etc.

Windows 2003 Server/ IE7 7.0.57*** / Live Toolbar 3.0

Pentium 4 - 3.0Ghz

3.0Gb Ram

T1 Network

26 กรกฎาคม 2550 0:31
  • THANKS SO MUCH!  I hated that Yahoo toolbar anyway; it takes up too much vertical space.  I uninstalled it and the problem seemed to go away!  THANKS AGAIN!

30 กรกฎาคม 2550 20:40
  •  

توقيع المشكلة:
      اسم الحدث الخاص بالمشكلة: APPCRASH
      اسم التطبيق: iexplore.exe
      إصدار التطبيق: 7.0.6000.16473
      الطابع الزمني للتطبيق: 46296d48
      اسم الوحدة النمطية التالفة: WINMM.dll
      إصدار الوحدة النمطية التالفة: 6.0.6000.16386
      الطابع الزمني للوحدة النمطية التالفة: 4549be1d
      رمز الاستثناء: c0000005
      إزاحة الاستثناء: 000043ee
      إصدار نظام التشغيل: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
      معرف الإعدادات المحلية: 1025
      معلومات إضافية 1: 8d13
      معلومات إضافية 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
      معلومات إضافية 3: 8d13
      معلومات إضافية 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

اقرأ بيان الخصوصية:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0401

9 สิงหาคม 2550 12:05
  • How can I fix this problem, Help me somebody

???????

Thank

Yesther

13 สิงหาคม 2550 3:11
  • Removing toolbars would be good. Disable unused or suspicious addons at Tools->Manage Addons
    16 สิงหาคม 2550 6:11
  • the instruction at "0x7c9105f8" referenced memory at "0x01c50010". the memory could not be "read"

thank you

3 กันยายน 2550 23:08
  •  

acrobat IEHelper: IEXPLORER.EXE "0x6600accc" referenced memory at "0x6600accc".  the memory could not be "read"

I removed tha yahoo toolbar add ons and it fixed the above error.... I did notice that the ACROBAT was listed on the error... however, removing yahoo tool bar fixed error.  I am no longer getting the error message... thanks for the reference!

23 กันยายน 2550 16:11
  •  

I am also getting the same error message The instruction at "0x6600 accc" referenced memory at "0x6600 accc." The memory could not be read."whenever I close an internet window. If there is someone out there who can tell me how to cure this problem please rush a response.  Thanks
    29 กันยายน 2550 19:32
  •  

Remove your yahoo  tool bar ....... it will help
    30 กันยายน 2550 23:59
  •  

un-install the yahoo toolbar , if you couldnt then uninstall all of the yahoo messenger and redownload it but dont download it n express or fast download , pick Custimized Install so you can unmark the toolbar from being installed

same thing happens if you download Myspace IM too

2 ตุลาคม 2550 11:11
  •  

1:uninstall the yahoo toolbar

if couldnt separate the messenger from the toolbar

then uninstall the whole messenger from Add-Remove in the Control Panel

2:you may redownload the yahoo messenger again but not express install

pick the Custimized Install , so you can unmark the toolbar and download ONLY the messenger

3: same thing happens with Myspace IM too

wasfyasser@hotmail.com

2 ตุลาคม 2550 11:14
  • Ok, when closing Internet explorer I get the iexplore.exe memory error like everyone else but:

1. I don't have or have ever had any toolbars (google, yahoo, whatnot)

2. I've disabled ALL plug-ins/add-ons through the "tools-> handle plugins/add-ons"

3. I've deleted all history/caches/other files in all ways possible

4. I've rebooted internet explorer through the "tools->advanced->reset(?)"

5. I've uninstalled IE 7 back to IE 6, still same error

6. I've reinstalled IE 7 and updated all hotfixes, updates yadda yadda

7. I've even set explorER to "open up each instance in as a special thread/instance", no difference

I'm going to check my RAM using memtest but I haven't seen any other errors...

I like IE, but I guess the easy way out is just switching to firefox

9 ตุลาคม 2550 11:03
  • Excellent advice, katmatt1. I did exactly as you described and it fix the problem instantly.  WOOHOO!!  No more iexplore.exe - application errors.  Yea!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!

19 ตุลาคม 2550 2:44
  • I have this message.... how to fix it?

Sarch_GIow: IEXPLORE.EXE- Error de aplicación

La instrucción en 0x7c911010 hace referencia a la memoria en 0x00000020. La memoria no se puede “read”.

Haga clic en Aceptar para finalizar este programa
    Haga clic en CANCELAR para depurar el programa

Aceptar                                              Cancelar

31 ตุลาคม 2550 20:50
  • Hi All,

I can't believe this thread started over a year ago and has not really been resolved yet (Microsoft included). After installing my usual apps on my new Dell Windows XP (yeah, I'm not ready for Vista yet -- or vice versa) PC, I started getting this error, not when exiting IE(7) but when logging off or shutting down. I had to click OK or Cancel (both did the same thing) to get Windows to continue.

It drove me crazy for a couple of days, I even called Dell tech support, but they weren't too much help. I experimented with creating a new user (profile) and it worked at first -- no error -- but shortly afterwards it started happening again. (Dell had listed that as a possible solution.

Well I finally found the culprit: The Google "Desktop" that came installed on my Dell. First I closed it and logged off and no error. It wasn't in my startup folder but in the startup key of the registry. So I simply uninstalled it and no more error!!! Dell said (in a subsequent call) that there are several known "issues" with the Google Desktop.

Out of the box, this error did not exist, but after about a week and installing more stuff it happened. I think it was after installing Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 (yeah, I still use it on some projects).

I'd guess there are probably many causes to this problem, but you would have thought Microsoft would have fixed it by now. One of the first hits when I searched Microsoft.com was to update Windows XP with SP1. Ha.

Just thought this post might be helpful to others. Good luck.

Ed Schwartz

5 พฤศจิกายน 2550 3:01
  •  

Tracy, I too have been going crazy trying to fix this, I tried all the things everyone on her told me to , I finally fixed it.  If you right click on the Blue E, the explorer icon, go to internet options then click on programs tab at top, then at the bottom click on manage add-ons, any of the add ons that have a "not verified" next to them, just highlight and disable at the bottom, i have not had a problem since.  I hope this helps you, it totally fixed my problem.
    17 พฤศจิกายน 2550 17:34
  • Thanks for this advice, I disabled all "non verified" add ons as suggested, didnt fix it but disabled PDF Reader link and fixed it immediately...Thanks again...no more frustration for the time being !!

27 พฤศจิกายน 2550 4:17
  • Hello Everyone,

Ed...I've read most of the posts on this error and your post seemed to resonate most with my problem.  I get an error and have every day since I opened this laptop in October from Dell.  I get a similar error message on Firefox, IE, Acrobat, and Outlook.  I am very suspicious of the Google Desktop that came installed on this Dell laptop.  All of the other fixes people are using do not apply to me because it is happening on so many applications.

I am guessing it is a problem with Adobe Acrobat or Google "Desktop".

Dell Support was zero help, and I don't expect Microsoft to support it since it came with my laptop.  This is a vicious circle that I am unhappy to be involved with.  I want my computer to work the first day, not AFTER I have to track down issues that it was shipped with.

Thanks everyone, I'll post my results after uninstalling Google "Desktop" and Adobe Acrobat.

Travis

29 พฤศจิกายน 2550 16:31
  • Quick Update...

I have done the following:

1.  Disabled all of the add ons in both IE and Firefox
    a.  This, as far as I could tell, fixed absolutely nothing.
    2.  Unistalled Google Desktop Completely.
    a.  This seems to have fixed Firefox and stopped the error msg on Outlook 2007.
    b.  It did not fix IE.

I don't think I mentioned it in my post, but all of my problems occur after I close the program.  It gives me an error msg very similar to what everyone here seems to be experiencing.  It is different in Outlook but it says "M Outlook has experienced a problem and must shut down.
    29 พฤศจิกายน 2550 17:33
  • Another Update:

Before I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat to try to fix IE, I enabled my Google Toolbar add-on in Firefox (I missed my bookmarks).  Sure enough the error msg showed up again after I closed Firefox.  I feel like I found the culprit in Firefox, this does not explain why it doesn't fix IE.  But I will get to the bottom of it...

Thanks,

Travis
    29 พฤศจิกายน 2550 17:47
  • Hi

I have a similar issue as many of you

The instruction at "0x7473c7d6" referenced memory at "0x000003d2". The memory could not be "read".  Click on OK to terminate the program.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9135/apperrorsv9.png

After I click OK and if ALL of IE windows dont shutdown then.......... When this happens (which quite frequently) I will often notice the PC become sluggish or some kind of HANG in the system even if all windows are shutdown including IE7

When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and look at the "Running Processes" I will often see iexplore.exe still included in the processes. Yes, I do not have IE open or running at all at that time

Once I END PROCESS for iexplore.exe my PC suddenly frees up, the hanging and/or sluggishness disappears

I have no idea why IE7 still is in the processes when I dont have it open at all

Anyone have any ideas or know of any fixes

WinXP SP2

3GB RAM

2.4 GHz processor

IE7

All updates ar up-to-date

No viruses or spyware

All temp files etc cleaned

NO Yahoo at all

26 ธันวาคม 2550 9:42
  • Removing the Yahoo toolbar  immediately resolved the problem.  Thank you Marty.

• Burke 

31 มกราคม 2551 4:18
  • I get the following error message when I close my internet explorer

7 มีนาคม 2551 1:49
  •  

7 มีนาคม 2551 1:56
  • I got my problem solved.

My application was working fine without any changes to my system which is why I was so confused. Turns out that when my application starts, it auto-opens the last directory that was worked in.

I had taken one of the files in that directory and modified it to print text on the photo using a different application. Therefore my original application which usually starts out with showing thumbnails caused the error pop-up because it is not used to non-photo information being inside of the file.

I renamed the directory that was last worked in by the application and viola… my things now works again.

I was able to single out the faulty file, opened it up with a different application and noticed it was the one I placed the text inside of weeks earlier. I deleted the file to not cause any future problems and now I am as happy as a clam at high tide.

16 มีนาคม 2551 21:25
  •  

Author:       Dave Geoffrion
    I need help
    4 พฤษภาคม 2551 13:07
  • I struggled with this problem for several days. This solution worked for me. Thanks

8 มิถุนายน 2551 22:07
  • The solution that worked for me was:

Tools

manage add-ons

Then disable add-ons until the problem add-on was identified.

8 มิถุนายน 2551 22:16
  • After many searches on the internet I finally figured out what was causing my Internet Explorer to crash.  In my case it was associated with a Java issue.  The site i was trying to use was using an old version of Java while my installed version was an updated version.  After i removed my Java and tried opening the site, it opened with no problem.  Ofcourse the part of the page where it needed java complained that there was no java.  I reinstalled java again and the problem came back. 

So i am still trying to figure how to stop the probelm. 
    23 มิถุนายน 2551 9:46
  • Thanks karmatt1 and Waterloo Reader, I had this same problem, just appeared one day, deactived ElnkscamBHO and the problem went away. Computer also seems to come out of standby mode much quicker and with less hard drive activity....thank you.

29 มิถุนายน 2551 16:49
  • Thanks Mate!!

That was really helpful!!!!

Thank u so much.
    16 กรกฎาคม 2551 15:24
  • Please post any possible way to resolve this problem. Im getting hard time using internet explorer.

19 กรกฎาคม 2551 6:20
  •  bennett1016 wrote:

20 สิงหาคม 2551 14:16
  •  DubaiTech wrote:
    After many searches on the internet I finally figured out what was causing my Internet Explorer to crash.  In my case it was associated with a Java issue.  The site i was trying to use was using an old version of Java while my installed version was an updated version.  After i removed my Java and tried opening the site, it opened with no problem.  Ofcourse the part of the page where it needed java complained that there was no java.  I reinstalled java again and the problem came back. 

So i am still trying to figure how to stop the probelm. 

So I have the same problem with one gaming web site. (www.pogo.com) It says the JAVA enviroment cannot be loaded. This doesn't always happen, only once in a while. I have the latest version of JAVA. I go to other sites that use JAVA all the time and have no problem at all. Why does this one work one time and not the next? Anyone have a clue about this one?

22 สิงหาคม 2551 20:33
  • If you haven"t already fixed it- I had the same problem and fixed it by going to-

Open Internet explorer

go to TOOLS

scroll to MANAGE ICONS AND  click on enable and disable

This will allow you to disable a bunch of un-used ***, reseach file,live messenger file, google toolbar file, etc.

I disabled a bunch of this and IT FIXED MINE.

HOPE IT HELPS----A BIG PAIN IN THE B#@

8 ตุลาคม 2551 0:56
  • Hi Bennett,

Thank you for your response BUT if your answer is the case then I would like to let you know that you also have an error on your website. I too, am experiencing this referenced memory read error and it doesn't seem to discriminate between types of web pages employing activeX controls. It happens EVERYTIME i shutdown IE - regardless of whose website I am on - including yours!

I have removed the one toolbar i had on this machine and this error comes immediately after a FRESH INSTALL of the OS just yesterday!

Assistance PLEASE!

Gratefully,

DDP

14 ตุลาคม 2551 18:56
  • SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND!!!

For everyone plagued by this issue and cannot find a work around regardless of the amount of uninstalled toolbars, activeX issues ... simply, the problem is with Internet Explorer the solution is to download, install and use Firefox. Since I have done this I do not get the error at all!!

All the best,

DDP

14 ตุลาคม 2551 19:21
  • I was having this issue with IE6 and XP SP2 after I installed MS Office 2007. I disabled Groove GFS Browswe Helper in the add-ons and the problem went away.

13 พฤศจิกายน 2551 14:47
  •  

go to Tool - Manage add on and disable program that run with IE.
    22 พฤศจิกายน 2551 9:20
  •  I had the same problem after installing IE 8. The resolve I found was to disable all of the tool bars I had ie: google, Robo copy etc. After that when I  closed a window the error stoped coming up. I have not yet tried to re enable the tool bars yet.
    11 มีนาคม 2552 13:12
  • No Pro. Go to internet explorer help button and click Update now button.
                     OR
    Go to google page and download Internet explorer 7 and insiall it
    5 เมษายน 2552 12:28
  • Hi Bennett,

How did you remove the yahoo tool bar?

I have the same error message.

Thanks,

Eric

First of all you start the internet Explorer aand Go to Tools Options And Goes to manage Add-ons Disable all Add-one
    Restart your Internet Explorer.
    6 กรกฎาคม 2552 12:27
  • I don't use the Yahoo tool bar and I get a similar message when I close Ie 6..  "The instruction at "0x02653812" referenced memory at "0x0277bb2c". The memory could not be read. (All XP updates installed.)

To Disable all manage Add-ones.
    6 กรกฎาคม 2552 12:28
  • Hello bennett1016,

Thanks!

Matthew Braun

What if you were the one who created the ActiveX control that's generating this error. How would you go about fixing it...?
    8 กันยายน 2552 14:25
  • I tried a number of suggestions.  Finally uninstalled Explorer 8.  Works perfectly now - added benefit, no Bing!

31 ธันวาคม 2552 20:50
  • im having that same problem,,it started when i added my antivirus..does anybody know how i can fix it?????...plzz i need helpp
    11 มกราคม 2553 7:49
  • I am replying to fairly old thread .. but the web site I am visiting is none other than Microsoft's eopen ...
    18 มกราคม 2553 15:37
  • I am replying to fairly old thread .. but the web site I am visiting is none other than Microsoft's eopen ...

Same here. As soon as I click to run the ActiveX to allow the MS download manager to run, it crashes. I even tried using the "reset to defaults" option in IE8. Buggy garbage. I'm downloading with Firefox now.
    26 มกราคม 2553 21:18
  • I have window vista. All it took was 1 thing to do.
    turn on window defender and problem was solve.

26 กุมภาพันธ์ 2553 19:14
  • In whatever IE you use: Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Reset fixes this.  Unfortunately, you have to add back all your customizations.  You won't lose your Favorites.
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย JMJKDulce 6 สิงหาคม 2553 19:11
    6 สิงหาคม 2553 19:10
  • Did you get any kind of APPCRASH error message?

23 พฤศจิกายน 2553 18:58
  • I get the following error message when I close my internet explorer.

6 ตุลาคม 2554 12:19
  • HELLO,

I WAS HAVING PROBLEM WITH MY NEW COMPUTER AFTER I DOWNLOAD SOME SOFTWARE ON IT,LATER MY IE STARTED TELLING ME.

AND I WAS FRUSTRATED SO I KEEP TRYING TO DO SOME RESEARCH OM MY OWN THEN I GOT TO THIS SITE,I READ SOME OF THE POST WRITTEN HERE AND IT ALL SAYS ABOUT ADD ON? THEN I TRY TO DISABLE ALL MY ADD ON,EVEN I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ADD ON ON MY IE. COS ITS A NEW SYSTEM.SO I WORKED HARD LIKE HOURS AND HOURS TO FIND THE PROBLEM AND I FIND A SOLUTION,SO I REGISTERED TO THE BLOG ALSO TO POST YOU ALL THE SOLUTION, SO HERE IS THE SOLUTION..AFTER SOME RESEARCH I HAVEN'T GOTTEN SUCH PROBLEM AGAIN.

SOLUTION ON IE

1.DELETE YOUR IE NOT UNINSTALL (DELETE)

2.CLICK ON COMPUTER SEARCH (HARD DISK DRIVE)

3. FIND PROGRAMS DOUBLE CLICK ON (INTERNET EXPLORER)

4. FIND IEXPLORER AND CLICK ON IT

5. PIN IEXPLORER TO YOU TASK-BAR

NOW WE ARE DONE PROBLEM SOLVED

CAESAR

j-caesar@live.com

NOTE: AM NOT A COMPUTER WIZARD NOR A COMPUTER GEEK IS JUST HARD WORK AND I FOUND THE SOLUTION.OK...HOPE IT HELPS

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย wassim2012 16 กันยายน 2556 20:34
    17 มกราคม 2556 1:10
  • thanks , i have try it and it is working fine.

16 กันยายน 2556 20:35