Alert initiating process even when all criteria is not met.

คำถาม

• I have an alert setup to go off when the work item is flagged as closed, completed, however I when I change the State to Close and the Reason to Cancelled, the alert is still going off.   Any ideas how this could be happening?  I added the redundant brackets seeing if that changed anything.  I've also checked the SQL database event subscription table to confirm this was the only alert defined that could do this.  

Alert Definition

24 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 20:16

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hi Wewilder, 

Thanks for your post.

I’m trying to reproduce this scenario to check if I can reproduce it.

I suggest you try to delete this alert from Alerts Explorer, then change the State and Reason in work item, what’s the result? And recreate this same alert in Alerts Explorer, then change State and Reason in work item again to reproduce this scenario, still receive this alert when the State changed to Close but Reason is not Complete(Cancelled or other)?     

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

27 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 9:44
    ผู้ดูแล
  • I deleted my alert and it still ran!    There are only 2 WorkItemChange alerts that are SOAP calls and they point to another work item type.   Do I need to recycle something?

27 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 16:28

• Hi Wewilder, 

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe some relate notification queues still existed in tbl_NotificationQueue table, please check
    the tbl_NotificationQueue table to confirm that.

Only you changed the TFS Security Authorization Request work item, that alert will work, or regardless which user changed that work item, that alert always work?    

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

28 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 9:03
    ผู้ดูแล