Microsoft Application Center Test

คำถาม

• Hi Folks,

Can any one suggest me or share any links, how to work on Microsoft Application Center Test, as i am using Visual studio team system 2008. i tried a lot to download the MACT tool, but could not...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mohan kumar
    • ย้ายโดย Edwer FangModerator 18 กันยายน 2552 2:22 (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    16 กันยายน 2552 13:26

คำตอบ

• Hello,

Application Center Test (ACT) is a Microsoft load testing tool for web servers, focused on ASP.NET. It was bundled with Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect and Enterprise Developer editions.

·         
    More information about ACT, you may refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163784.aspx#S1

In addition, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System provides a tool called ‘Load Test’ for creating and running load tests. The primary goal of a load test is to simulate many users accessing a server at the same time. When you add Web tests to a load test, you simulate multiple users opening simultaneous connections to a server and making multiple HTTP requests. When you add unit tests to a load test, you exercise the performance of non-Web based server components. In addition, load tests can be used with a set of computers known as a rig, which consists of agents and a controller.

·         
    More information about load test, you may refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182562.aspx

Generally, I suggest you use Visual Studio Load Test instead of ACT to achieve your goal with VSTS2008.

By the way, next time if you have got related issues you can post on the ‘Getting Started With Visual Studio Team System Forum’, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Edwer FangModerator 18 กันยายน 2552 6:28
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Edwer FangModerator 23 กันยายน 2552 1:59
    18 กันยายน 2552 2:13

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hello,

Application Center Test (ACT) is a Microsoft load testing tool for web servers, focused on ASP.NET. It was bundled with Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect and Enterprise Developer editions.

·         
    More information about ACT, you may refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163784.aspx#S1

In addition, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System provides a tool called ‘Load Test’ for creating and running load tests. The primary goal of a load test is to simulate many users accessing a server at the same time. When you add Web tests to a load test, you simulate multiple users opening simultaneous connections to a server and making multiple HTTP requests. When you add unit tests to a load test, you exercise the performance of non-Web based server components. In addition, load tests can be used with a set of computers known as a rig, which consists of agents and a controller.

·         
    More information about load test, you may refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182562.aspx

Generally, I suggest you use Visual Studio Load Test instead of ACT to achieve your goal with VSTS2008.

By the way, next time if you have got related issues you can post on the ‘Getting Started With Visual Studio Team System Forum’, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Edwer FangModerator 18 กันยายน 2552 6:28
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Edwer FangModerator 23 กันยายน 2552 1:59
    18 กันยายน 2552 2:13
  • Thanks a lot for the reply Edwer,
    i will try with the tool as suggested by you and i will  post my queries in the above mention Forum by you.

Once again thanks a lot for the help.

Mohan kumar
    18 กันยายน 2552 6:24
  • Hello,

If you have queried about the 'Load Test', you may post directly on the 'Visual Studio Team System - Web and Load Testing Forum' so you can get better and quicker response.

Good luck.
    18 กันยายน 2552 6:28