none
Help Please: Unable to publish a project due to report error

คำถาม

• Hi,

Have to say that, i was working on a project in vb.net 2008 professional edition...and i have installed DevExpress 10.1.4(consisting a lot of toolboxes)....my database is just ms access 2007....in the project, it has got a report of microsoft report viewer...when i finished the project, i installed in my computer and its running successfully, but when i try to install it another computer, it does not allow me to do it so...it just gives me a lot of message errors...

" THE APPLICATION REQUIRES AN ASSEMBLY OF xtra.navbar.v10.1.4 to be installed ....."...another one says also ".NET FRAMEWORK should be installed..."

So i went to project properties and did included some application files out there...i also checked .net framework 3.5. But then one thing does not work...that's when i checked MICROSOFT.REPORTVIEWER.PROCESSINGOBJECTMODEL.dll in the application files, the project isn't to be published...it just says a message in the error list:

Unable to copy file "C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel
    \9.0.0.0_b03f5f7f11d50a3a\microsoft.reportviewer.processingObjectModel.dll to
    "bin\Debug\app.lublish\application files\Registration system_1_0_0_10\microsoft.reportViewer.processingObjectModel.dll.deploy.
    The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualifed fiel name must be less than 260 characters, and the
    directory name must be less than 248 characters.

but when i uncheck the microsoft.reportviewer.processingObjectModel.dll, it publishes the project and makes success..so when i try to install it another computer, it just says:

Unable to install or run the application. the application requires
    that assembly microsoft.Reportviewer.processingObjectModel
     version 9.0.0.0  be installed in the global asssembly cache(first).

1 เมษายน 2555 11:52

ตอบทั้งหมด

• under application files, i got these things:

DevExpress.Data.v10.1.dll
    DevExpress.Utils.v10.1.dll
    DevExpress.XtraBars.v10.1.dll
    DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.1.dll
    DevExpress.XtraGrid.v10.1.dll
    DevExpress.XtraLayout.v10.1.dll
    DevExpress.XtraNavBar.v10.1.dll
    Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll
    Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll
    Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll
    REGISTRATION SYSTEM.exe
    REGISTRATION SYSTEM.exe.config

and i included them all except Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll but still does not run the project...

1 เมษายน 2555 11:54