Change default visual studio folder location

คำถาม

• I moved my Visual Studio 2010 Folder from my network "My Documents" directory to my C:\My DOcuments directory (i moved it because I have more space on my C drive). Every time I open visual studio it create a new folder on my network My DOcuments directory. Does anyone know the registry key to change to fix this? I have already changed the Projects and Templates locations in the tools-->options menu.

THis is also a problem i am having for SQL Sever Express 2008 R2. Thanks,

• แก้ไขโดย Jay_Michael 24 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 18:43
    24 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 18:42

คำตอบ

• VS will auto-create the folder in your documents directory as defined by Windows.  There isn't some registry entry you can change to resolve that short of moving your documents directory that Windows uses.  Nevertheless just because it creates the folder (and subfolders) doesn't mean it is going to use it heavily.  Projects and templates go where you specify in Tools\Options.  If you disable autorecovery then you won't get any backups either.  There isn't much left that VS will store in the documents directory but that is the appropriate place for it anyway.

Michael Taylor - 2/24/2012
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/p3net

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Lie YouModerator 27 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 7:28
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Jay_Michael 27 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 22:07
    24 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 21:34
    ผู้ดูแล

ตอบทั้งหมด

• VS will auto-create the folder in your documents directory as defined by Windows.  There isn't some registry entry you can change to resolve that short of moving your documents directory that Windows uses.  Nevertheless just because it creates the folder (and subfolders) doesn't mean it is going to use it heavily.  Projects and templates go where you specify in Tools\Options.  If you disable autorecovery then you won't get any backups either.  There isn't much left that VS will store in the documents directory but that is the appropriate place for it anyway.

Michael Taylor - 2/24/2012
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/p3net

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Lie YouModerator 27 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 7:28
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Jay_Michael 27 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 22:07
    24 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 21:34
    ผู้ดูแล
  • Much appreciated, thanks.

27 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 22:10