none
The 'Name'='<null>' part of the cookie is invalid error in SSRS

問題

• I have a problem in reporting services that I'm struggling with and can't find any related posts or documentation. Any suggestions would help at this point...

We're running Reporting Services 2008 R2. Everything is fine there until I open a locally written Java web application on the same machine which then results in an SSRS error page in any subsequent action (navigation to a new folder, report or page refresh at the current location, etc.).  Even if I open SSRS in a new instance of Internet Explorer - it results in this error. The two applications just won't coexist. Closing the Java application (logging out and exiting the application) immediately frees SSRS - even a page sitting there with an error refreshes OK once the Java app is closed. Reopening the Java application again results in any subsequent SSRS action throwing the error.

When in the "broken" state the SSRS eror page displays the message"The 'Name'='<null>' part of the cookie is invalid error. ".  It's always precisely the same message.

The one circumstance I've found that avoids this conflict is to select "Safety / InPrivate Browsing" in IE to open an InPrivate browser session.  SSRS pages then work as expected even when the Java app is up in another session (though I must admit I haven't tested this exhaustively).  Opening the Java application from within this same InPrivate session then results in the SSRS error state (again, until I close the Java app). 

Unfortunately, workflow leads many people to use both the Java applications and SSRS at the same time (there are actually several of the Java apps in this class of applications, all with the same impact on SSRS).  Forcing them to remember what application works in which session and to keep them separated won't be a popular move.  (We're talking lots of staff who fall into this pattern of usage - though we've only recently begun to deliver reports to them). 

I've been using the "F12" developer tools in IE 8 and 9 to view cookies and try to tell what's going on - without much luck.  I see cookies created by the Java app, some I suspect are related to SSRS but showing no clear pattern of interference (if that's what this is).  I can't use the extensive FireFox add ons because the local Java app won't run in that browser.

I'd like to understand the issue on the SSRS side to give the Java team guidance on where to look.  A cursory review of the Java code by the support team that now owns it didn't turn up anything obviously wrong.  (I'm not a Java developer myself).  If I can pinpoint the source of the conflict on the SSRS side I'm sure they can help.

Does anyone have an idea of what I might try next?

Thanks

2012年2月3日 下午 07:37

所有回覆