none
how to read the *.msdb (microsoft acess files) using sql server 2005

問題

• hi

Please solve this error ?

I   want to read the mdb file and push the data to  tables in  Sql Server 2005

i am using the code like:

exec sp_linkedserver 'linkedadvisor','Acess','Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0',@mdbfilepath

or

select * from opendatasource('Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0','datasource='path')...tbl_name

I  am getting an error like "Msg 7303  Level 16, State 1
    Cannot initialize the datasoure oblect  ole db provider 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0' for linked server "null"

but its working in Sql Server 2008

Tanks & Regards
    Narayanan

2012年3月5日 上午 05:47

解答

所有回覆

• This usually means that the 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0' provider is not installed on the machine executing the link request.  You also need to know that there is no 64bit version of this provider so if the machine is running a 64bit OS, you will need to use the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13255).  More information can be found here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190479.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• 已提議為解答 Naomi NModerator 2012年3月6日 上午 01:51
    • 已標示為解答 KJian_ 2012年3月12日 上午 06:01
    2012年3月6日 上午 01:36
  • Hi Wharty,

I am using the 64 bit machine.Then how to read the *.mdb files using sql server.

During the installation of  microsoft acess database engine 2010 redistributable  we obtain an error like "Instillation failed tell this problem to Microsoft'

Please  help me  how to read the *. mdb files in 64 bit machine.

Thanks & regards

Narayanan

2012年3月6日 上午 07:44
  • Can you please provide the full error message.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

2012年3月6日 上午 07:46
  • Hi Wharty,

Error:

This Error report includes:information regarding the condition of microsoft Access database engine 2010 when the peroblem occured ,the operating system vesion and computer hardware in use , and the Ip address of ur computer

we do not intentionaly collect your name,adress,or email-address or any other form of personally identifiable information.however the the eroor report may contain customer specfic information in the collected data files.while the information be potentially be used to determine your identity,it will not be used

Please find my attachement it contains the  error report in jpg file

thanks and Regards

Narayanan

2012年3月6日 上午 09:06
  • Hi Wharty,

Error:

This Error report includes:information regarding the condition of microsoft Access database engine 2010 when the peroblem occured ,the operating system vesion and computer hardware in use , and the Ip address of ur computer

we do not intentionaly collect your name,adress,or email-address or any other form of personally identifiable information.however the the error report may contain customer specfic information in the collected data files.while the information be potentially be used to determine your identity,it will not be used

thanks and Regards

Narayanan

2012年3月6日 上午 09:07
  • Where's the error details?

Jeff Wharton

2012年3月6日 上午 09:09
  • Hi wharty, Sorry for inconvinience. If i am clicking the install button then error shoud be occured are shown in below. Error: This installation package is not supported by the processor type.contact your product vendor Thanks & regards Narayanan
    2012年3月6日 上午 09:59
  • Did you download the 64bit version of the product given that the OS you're installing on is 64bit?

Jeff Wharton

2012年3月6日 上午 10:01
  • hi

In that link  (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13255) we have the two products right?

i downloaded the "Access database engine_x64.exe" product .

Is this OS error or ?

Thanks

Narayanan

2012年3月6日 上午 10:16
  • If you downloaded the 64bit version and you got the stated error trying to install it, your OS is not 64bit.

Jeff Wharton

2012年3月6日 上午 10:19
  • Hi Wharty,

[exec sp_linkedserver 'linkedadvisor','Acess','Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0',@mdbfilepath

or

select * from opendatasource('Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0','datasource='path')...tbl_name]

ok..why is query is executing only ini sql server 2008 but not in sql 2005?

May i know the reason please .

How to overcome this situation

kindly Regards

Narayanan

2012年3月6日 上午 10:51
  • As per my first reply, it sounds like the 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0' provider is not installed.  How about you try downloading and installing it.

Jeff Wharton

2012年3月6日 上午 10:55
  • Hi Wharty,

If  i did not install the 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'  then  both sql server 2008 and 2005 shoud not  works right?

but in here  sql 2008 will works but 2005 is not works..is there any reason for this?

if i need to install the 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'  what i need to do..

please give me some steps

Thanks a lot!!

Regards

Narayanan

2012年3月6日 上午 11:11
  • Depends. Are your SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 instances installed on the same machine?  If not, then the two servers are not the same so just because things work on one server doesn’t mean they’ll work on another server.  If the instances are on the same server, then the problem is being caused by something else.

You really need to start doing some of your own research.  We’re all here to assist but we're not here to do all the work for you.

Jeff Wharton

2012年3月6日 上午 11:20
  • Hi Wharty,

Thanks for quick reply...and hope i will complete this task

once again Thanks

regards

Narayanan

2012年3月6日 上午 11:42