none
SQL 2012 Installation Error

问题

• Hi,

I am getting the following error( See Pic), when I try to install 2012 standard version of 2012 MS SQL Server. I have downloaded the software from my school and created an ISO DVD of it.  I am using that DVD to install it. My PC has WIN 7 OS.

Thanks.

• 已编辑 AIM28256 2012年9月20日 13:10
    2012年9月20日 13:09

答案

全部回复

• Hi, can you try copying the contents of the DVD to your local machine and run setup from there?

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2012年9月20日 13:51
    版主
  • I think your installation media is corrupted. You may need to re-download SQL Server 2012.
    2012年9月20日 14:18
  • I would second Samuel's recommendation by copying the content locally and launch the installation from local folder.

Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team
    My Blog
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you.
    This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    View Ahmed Ibrahim's profile on LinkedIn

2012年9月20日 14:44
    版主
  • Thank you all. I appreciate it.  I will copy contents of DVD to my PC and try to install it from there.  I will let you know how it went.

Thanks for all the replies and help.

2012年9月20日 18:05
  • Friends,

I was not able to install SQL 2012 Standard edition.  So I decided to install the "Express Edition with Advanced Services". I am just trying to learn so that should be enough for me.

Everything got installed successfully, now I am able to login to Management Studio.  Please see attached file that shows the screen shot.  Please advice on what to do next? How do I get started and find my way around.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

2012年9月24日 20:57
  • One place you can start is with the "Tutorials for SQL Server 2012" documentation here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh231699.aspx

The Database Engine tutorials are likely your best bet at getting ramped up quickly, primarily the first 3 listed (Getting Started with the Database Engine, SSMS, and Writing T-SQL Statements):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj590844.aspx

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2012年9月24日 21:02
    版主
  • Thank you so much for your help an direction. 
    • 已标记为答案 AIM28256 2012年9月25日 12:15
    2012年9月25日 12:13