none
Upgrade to Powerpivot 11.0.2100.60 ?

问题

• Hi,

I just noticed that there is a new version of powerpivot that was released.  11.0.2100.60

I'm am currently running version 11.0.1750.32

Are there any significant reasons to upgrade?  I noticed a few people have reported issues when trying to upgrade.  I was curious about the stability of it and what changes to expect. 

Is there any improvement in how it handles errors when memory is maxed out?  This is one of my biggest annoyances, when I make one last change to a pivot table and i get the "not enough memory error" and promptly lose all of my work.  Some sort of a warning or ability to roll back would be nice.

Otherwise this is an awesome tool that I use regularly. So is it worth the upgrade or should I just keep what I have.  

Cheers,

Z2TS

btw  this might be a nice item to post in the announcements section at the head of this forum to replace those items from 2010.

2012年4月13日 19:25

答案

• Hi Z2TS,

11.0.1750.32 is the version of RC0, however 11.0.2100.60 is the final version. The term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug. For additional information and known issues, check out the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 RC0 Release Notes and the PowerPivot for Excel Online Help.

To your second question "Some sort of a warning or ability to roll back would be nice", I would recommend you often save the modification. Actually PowerPivot leverage xVelocity in-memory engine, so to RAM, 2 GB or more is recommended,  and 64-bit processor or higher.

Thanks, 

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

2012年4月16日 3:05

全部回复

• Hi Z2TS,

11.0.1750.32 is the version of RC0, however 11.0.2100.60 is the final version. The term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug. For additional information and known issues, check out the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 RC0 Release Notes and the PowerPivot for Excel Online Help.

To your second question "Some sort of a warning or ability to roll back would be nice", I would recommend you often save the modification. Actually PowerPivot leverage xVelocity in-memory engine, so to RAM, 2 GB or more is recommended,  and 64-bit processor or higher.

Thanks, 

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

2012年4月16日 3:05
  • Just an update to this thread... Version 11.0.1750.32 just expired with no warning.  :-(

2012年9月4日 17:39