none
Problems getting PowerPivot for SharePoint configured and running

问题

• Hi,

I've installed SQL 2012 RC0 and is trying to configure PowerPivot for sharepoint. I've followed the installation instructions on technet and provisioned the service application. However, when i try to access it I get this error in the ULS log...

Also,

I don't see SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server PowerPivot System Service in my list of services.

12/05/2011 14:39:51.40 	w3wp.exe (0x1EC4)                       	0x219C	SharePoint Foundation         	Runtime                       	tkau	Unexpected	Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.Redirector.RedirectorException: The PowerPivot service application could not connect to the Analysis Services instance.    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.GeminiServiceApplicationProxy.ExecuteWithRetriesOnDiffEndpoints(String operationName, CodeToRunOnChannel codeBlock, Int32 numOfRetries)     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.GeminiServiceApplicationProxy.GetLastDataRefreshFailedRuns(Int32 days, Int32 topCount)     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.DataRefreshFailureWebPart.GetDataTable()     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.DataRefreshFailureWebPart.CreateChildControls()     at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRe...	7f17304c-c53b-4373-94e3-eb1cf270908b
    12/05/2011 14:39:51.40*	w3wp.exe (0x1EC4)                       	0x219C	SharePoint Foundation         	Runtime                       	tkau	Unexpected	...cursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)	7f17304c-c53b-4373-94e3-eb1cf270908b
    12/05/2011 14:39:51.67 	w3wp.exe (0x1EC4)                       	0x219C	SharePoint Foundation         	Monitoring                    	b4ly	Medium  	Leaving Monitored Scope (Request (GET:http://lapmpo15:21745/ServiceAppDashboard.aspx?Id=6892532b-4e71-46a6-9042-9fe8e5fb76a2&RootFolder=%2FPowerPivot%20Management%2F6892532b-4e71-46a6-9042-9fe8e5fb76a2%2F1033)). Execution Time=8215.12052371638	7f17304c-c53b-4373-94e3-eb1cf270908b

Running the Powerpivot configuration tool I get a dialog with the following error:

---------------------------
    System Validation
    Current Analysis Services service account: DOMAIN\SPSqlTest

Analysis Services service account must be the same for all instances in the farm. Change you service properties to log on using account: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE.

Plsease address the validation failures and try again. 
    OK   

I'm also getting this error in the event log:

"There are no instances of the SQL Server PowerPivot Service Application started on any server in this farm. Ensure that at least one instance is started on an application server in the farm using the Services on Server page in Central Administration."

I've installed SQL PowerPivot on LOCALHOST\POWERPIVOT Instance and everything else on the default instance (Analysis Services as tabular).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. This is running on a Windows 7 Enterprise.

Thanks!

2011年12月5日 13:47

答案

• The following Solution worked for me. Try this. 1. Goto SharePoint 2010 - Central Administration 2. Goto Security -> Configure Service Accounts 3. In the Credentials window - In the dropdown Select "Windows Service - SQL Server Analysis Services". It will display the corresponding user.In this case it will show "Local Service" 4. Select the Administrator userid. 5. Check the SSAS Service also running as a Administrator. Now run the Power Pivot Configuration tool.
    2012年2月6日 9:45
  • Thanks for you reply. I'm using only domain accounts for the setup. Also I've install powerpivot for sharepoint on the localhost\powerpivot instance. 

I got it working by reinstalling windows and doing the exact same as before.

- i've previously had ctp3 installed which must be why it didn't work.

Thanks anyways :)

• 已标记为答案 mortenbpost 2011年12月8日 13:08
    2011年12月8日 13:08

全部回复

• Hi mortenbpost,

Firstly, for SQL Server Analysis Services, you must specify a domain user account. Do not specify a built-in account. Domain accounts are required for managing the Analysis Services service account as a managed account in SharePoint Central administration.

Secondly, Analysis Services can be installed in one of three server modes: Multidimensional and Data Mining (default), PowerPivot for SharePoint, and Tabular. To your scenario of integrating PowerPivot into SharePoint, it should be PowerPivot for SharePoint mode not Tabular, Tabular mode is just store the database for PowerPivot or Power View. So I would recommend install the Analysis Services intance in PowerPivot for SharePoint mode along with installing PowerPivot, you can refer to this Install PowerPivot for SharePoint

For more information about install PowerPivot please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh231687(v=SQL.110).aspx

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

2011年12月8日 2:28
  • Thanks for you reply. I'm using only domain accounts for the setup. Also I've install powerpivot for sharepoint on the localhost\powerpivot instance. 

I got it working by reinstalling windows and doing the exact same as before.

- i've previously had ctp3 installed which must be why it didn't work.

Thanks anyways :)

• 已标记为答案 mortenbpost 2011年12月8日 13:08
    2011年12月8日 13:08
  • Hi mortenbpost,

The environment setup is as follows:

1. Server-1 - Domain Controller

2. Server-1 - Server containing SharePoint 2010 SP1, 2012 RC0 with PowerPivot. I'm using BIAdmin domain account as the service account for SSAS.

After installing SharePoint 2010 SP1 and 2012 RC0 in PowerPivot for SharePoint mode this i'm getting an error when i tried to configure PowerPivot:

Failure while running action: Install PowerPivot Central Administration Feature

08/12/11 05:38:43:7476 High: Failure

08/12/11 05:38:43:7476 High: Object '/9c8e52bc_9151_42aa_8595_2777131c0c30/8wd1xwqpjbsvty+ag+pguh4v_5.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server.

08/12/11 05:38:44:3816 High: Exception while executing action InstallPowerPivotAdminFeature: Object '/9c8e52bc_9151_42aa_8595_2777131c0c30/8wd1xwqpjbsvty+ag+pguh4v_5.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server.

When I try to re-open PowerPivot configuration tool i'm facing the same issue highlighted in this post. For completeness sake the error is as follows:

Current Analysis Services service account: BILABS\BIAdmin Analysis Services service account must be the same for all instances in the farm. Change you service properties to log on using account: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE. Plsease address the validation failures and try again.

Any inputs from your side to resolve this issue?

-Samrat

2011年12月9日 13:52
  • No, I gave up trying to find out what that meant. Notice the spelling error in please... I'm guessing there still some way to go before that works like it should. Hopefully they clean this randomness up before the final release.

Try installing sharepoint but don't run the configuration. After that you should run the configuration tool and let it set everything up for you. Even the websites. That might work for you.

2011年12月9日 14:33
  • Strangely this issue is persistent when i install 2012 rc0 with Powerpivot on a VM without running windows update on VM with windows server 2008 r2 sp1 installed. Some proxy restriction hence i cant do windows update. After about 7 tries i hav lost all patience.

For evaluation purpose i installed 2012 rc0 on an updated copy of windows 2008 r2 on a proxy free network and things work fine when i do a complete install. So for powerview im going to continue to use this system.

In addition to misspelled word please,  the dialog box mentions 'Change you ' in the line 'Change you service properties to log on using account: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE.'.

2011年12月9日 18:03
  • I have exactly the same error but I'm not able to reinstall sharepoint or OS. There are more people working on SPS. I didn't install RC0 on CTP3. I was clean RC0 installation.

Thank you for any advice.

M.

Martin
    2011年12月13日 13:40
  • I'm also getting this error ...

"Analysis Services service account must be the same for all instances in the farm. Change you service properties to log on using account: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE."

If I do change them all to Local Service it still complains!

I've re-installed SQL Server. What's next? Re-install Windows?

OUCH!

2012年1月5日 4:49
  • I'm also getting this error ...

"Analysis Services service account must be the same for all instances in the farm. Change you service properties to log on using account: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE."

If I do change them all to Local Service it still complains!

I've re-installed SQL Server. What's next? Re-install Windows?

OUCH!

If you can, let the tool configure your entire farm.
    2012年1月5日 18:08
  • The following Solution worked for me. Try this. 1. Goto SharePoint 2010 - Central Administration 2. Goto Security -> Configure Service Accounts 3. In the Credentials window - In the dropdown Select "Windows Service - SQL Server Analysis Services". It will display the corresponding user.In this case it will show "Local Service" 4. Select the Administrator userid. 5. Check the SSAS Service also running as a Administrator. Now run the Power Pivot Configuration tool.
    2012年2月6日 9:45
  • Thanks. This helped
    2012年2月7日 8:29
  • Changing the account in Central Administration enabled me to proceed with the configuration.

I had performed a side-by-side install of SQL Server 2012 on my development machine and was migrating over database.  The PowerPivot install starting reporting that the service did not exist so I tried to re-install and got into this error trap.

2012年3月12日 19:12
  • That did the trick - nice find.
    2012年4月23日 18:46

I am getting a validation failure error in PowerPivot Configuration Tool.  PowerPivot installation was successful.

I can't find Windows Service - SQL Server Analysis Services on The Configure Services drop down.

Any idea?

2012年7月13日 12:51
  • Hi Samrat

I see you had problems installing on a VM machine. Did you ever get this resolved?

I'm trying to install powerpivot for sharepoint via the sal server 2012 wizard.

I get the this error when trying to specify an account for SSAS:

The credentials you provided for analysis services service are invalid. To continue, provide a valid account and password for analysis services service.

I

2012年10月10日 13:49