none
Cannot install SQL Server Express 2008, 2008 R2, or 2012 on Win7 Pro x64

问题

• I have a Dell Vostro 3750 with an Intel Core i3 and 8GB RAM running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

I'm trying to install SQL Server Express and cannot get ANY of the installers to work.  I have tried every version of the installers (both x86 and x64) for 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012 and they all do the same thing:

The installer will unpack the files, then immediately after the files are unpacked a Command Line or Powershell window will open for a split second and disappear.  Nothing will get installed, and no error message ever comes up.  The event logs show nothing.

Any idea what is going on here?  I have never had any trouble installing any other software.  I am running Office 2010, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010, Visual Web Developer 2010 Express, and Visual Studio 2012 Express with no issues.  I believe SQL Server 2008 Express may have been installed successfully and uninstalled 2 years ago, but it's not there now.

2013年5月11日 22:44

答案

• Hi, typically this seems to be a missing dependency surrounding .NET Framework (3.5 SP1 perhaps in this case).  One option in this case is to manually extract the setup files and then run setup.exe directly from the command line.  This may give a bit more information as to what is happening.

To unpack the files, run "sqlexpr32_x86_enu -x" (where sqlexpr32_x86_enu is the package name).  When you do this, it will prompt to ask you for a destination for where to unpack the files.  After providing this, they will get extracted to this location.  From there, run setup.exe and see if it gives you an error or fails the dependency checks. 

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/samlester

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2013年5月11日 23:17

全部回复

• Hi, typically this seems to be a missing dependency surrounding .NET Framework (3.5 SP1 perhaps in this case).  One option in this case is to manually extract the setup files and then run setup.exe directly from the command line.  This may give a bit more information as to what is happening.

To unpack the files, run "sqlexpr32_x86_enu -x" (where sqlexpr32_x86_enu is the package name).  When you do this, it will prompt to ask you for a destination for where to unpack the files.  After providing this, they will get extracted to this location.  From there, run setup.exe and see if it gives you an error or fails the dependency checks. 

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/samlester

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2013年5月11日 23:17
  • Hello,

If you install SQL Server 2012 Express edition, you should install Windows 7 SP1 .
    For the Hardware and Software Requirements for install SQL Server, please refer to:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506.aspx

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

2013年5月14日 8:11