none
If I add any report to PowerPivot Gallery it should directly added to SQL 2008 R2 Analysis Service DB automatically?

คำตอบ

• If you are able to create a PowerPivot gallery in your Sharepoint site, that means you already have Analysis Services for Sharepoint installed which is kind of a SSAS instance for Sharepoint (name of the instance is POWERPIVOT). So when you add/publish a PowerPivot workbook into this gallery, the embedded Analysis model (Vertipaq) will be deployed as an SSAS database to the POWERPIVOT instance and from there on Sharepoint takes care of access to the SSAS database through your PowerPivot workbook.

So effectively, for publishing Powerpivot workbooks/models in Sharepoint, you need to have your SSAS instance(POWERPIVOT) for Sharepoint configured. I am assuming your are talking about just PowerPivot reports.

Regards

Manoj Nair

~Mark as Answer if found correct.

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Challen FuModerator 23 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 8:08
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Challen FuModerator 5 มีนาคม 2555 9:59
    22 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 11:06

ตอบทั้งหมด

• If you are able to create a PowerPivot gallery in your Sharepoint site, that means you already have Analysis Services for Sharepoint installed which is kind of a SSAS instance for Sharepoint (name of the instance is POWERPIVOT). So when you add/publish a PowerPivot workbook into this gallery, the embedded Analysis model (Vertipaq) will be deployed as an SSAS database to the POWERPIVOT instance and from there on Sharepoint takes care of access to the SSAS database through your PowerPivot workbook.

So effectively, for publishing Powerpivot workbooks/models in Sharepoint, you need to have your SSAS instance(POWERPIVOT) for Sharepoint configured. I am assuming your are talking about just PowerPivot reports.

Regards

Manoj Nair

~Mark as Answer if found correct.

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Challen FuModerator 23 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 8:08
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Challen FuModerator 5 มีนาคม 2555 9:59
    22 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 11:06
  • Hi Manoj,

We have configured PowerPivot to SharePoint 2010, but when I uploaded a report created by PowerPivot to Excel functionalty, the report is not in SQL 2008 R2 Analysis Service DB. I tried this recomandation as well the result is fail. how to fix this issue go throgh all PowerPivot to SharePoint configuration again or there are some way to fix it.

• Step1. Create Excel pivot tables and charts by using PowerPivot datasource which connects to SQL Server.
    • Step2. Publish Excel to SharePoint site. The Analysis Server will build a PowerPivot cube in "VertiPaq" StorageEngineMode automatically and the cube name including an "uniqueindentifier" in the end.
    • Step3. Schedule PowerPivot refresh plan on SharePoint and the successful result comes out soon. After PowerPivot refreshed the "uniqueindentifier" will be changed to another one automatically.
    • Step4. When I open excel on the SharePoint I will get the error message again. If I click the "ok" then Excel will really Refresh.

Thank you very much

erkindunya

23 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 13:40
  • Hi erkindunya,

Actually your second reply is another different question from your original post, Manoj has already gave you the anwser to your original post, so I mark it as anwser, to your second question, could you please recreate a new thread with the detail error message you encounter when you open the excel? Thanks for your effort.

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

5 มีนาคม 2555 9:59
    ผู้ดูแล