none
SQL 2012 Unable to login to management studio using SA password

คำถาม

• Hi

I have downloaded SQL 2012 Express to do some testing on a test environment. Install went fine and used an old database backup was used to restore the database from. However, I can only log in to the management studio by using windows authentication - SA login gives the following error...

Cannot connect to <servername>.

Additional information

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (Provider: shared memory provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233)

After googling this error, many articles pointed towards an incorrect password being used. I tried a different password and realised that the error message is exactly the same whether I type the right password or not. I tried editing the SA password via security/logins to ensure that the password was correct, but this hasn't helped.

I am running SQL 2012 Express on a Windows 7 Laptop

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

12 มีนาคม 2555 13:00

คำตอบ

• Hello Steve,

In SSMS logon to SQL Server with your windows account and connect the SQL Server in "Object Explorer". Open the properties of the SQL Server (by right mouse click) and in that dialog goto tab "Security"; at the top you will find the server authentification mode.

If it was "Windows only" then you also have to activate the "sa" account and set a strong password; that's done in node "Security" in Object Explorer for that instance.

Olaf Helper
    * cogito ergo sum * errare humanum est * quote erat demonstrandum *
    Wenn ich denke, ist das ein Fehler und das beweise ich täglich
    Blog Xing

• ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Steve_Flynn 12 มีนาคม 2555 14:49
    12 มีนาคม 2555 13:37

ตอบทั้งหมด