none
KSAM data integration advice

Întrebare

• Hi there,

I have to retrieve data from a KSAM (kerridge) database and can only use a file dsn ODBC connection to connect to the database.

I can get access to the database through excel and thereby see the tables but when I try and open a connection through the development environment, it keeps my machine busy for what seems to be an eternity whith no result.

I want to use SSIS to extract the data to a SQL 2005 database but will need to get my connections/connection managers to work.

Is there any advice that anyone can give me on perhaps the best approach on the data extract?
    Regards
    Mike
    1 august 2007 12:42

Toate mesajele

• How are you trying to connect from BIDS?

You should create a '.Net Providers\Odbc Data Provider' connection manager (using the same DSN you are using in Excel)  and a data reader as source.

1 august 2007 13:10
  • Hi Rafael,

Thanks for the reply. I have successfully created a .Net ODBC Data Provider connection manager and it has successfully tested the connection.

I have managed to sort out the problem where it takes an age to connect, my odbc tracing was running and constantly logging any odbc activity so thereby slowing it down trememdously.

I now get the BIDS environment to show the database in the server explorer but when I right click and try to open a table, it bombs my environment out. I can't seem to browse the table data.

Thanks again for the reply
    Mike
    2 august 2007 04:40