none
Error installing SQL Server 2008 R2 powerpivot for Sharepoint 2010

Întrebare

• Hi,

I have an existing sharepoint 2010 farm and i started installing the sql server 2008 r2 powerpivot feature for sharepoint in my application server. The installation failed at middle because i had a problem with the user permissions i was using.

I ran the wizard again with another user an now the sql installation tests fail saying that there is already an instance running on the machine. I cant remove it or repair it with the cd because in that part of the process it doesnt identify the instance. Only when i try to install again the tests fail.

How can i remove this "fictious instance" from my server so i can install the product again?

TIA

Filipe

10 mai 2012 13:55

Toate mesajele

• Hi,

I followed all the uninstall steps in this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff487866(v=sql.105).aspx

I did everything in the "verify uninstall" and "post-uninstall" sections but in the last check of the sql server 2008 installation process just in the installation rules it fails with the rule "Single Instance requirement failed" - Error "Powerpivot for Sharepoint is already installed on this computer. You cannot install a second instance".

Im getting crazy with this problem. I must install the powerpivot in sharepoint 2010 and i dont know how to get rid of this ***** instance it says i have...

Any help woul be appreciated !!

TIA

Filipe

21 mai 2012 21:38
  • Hi,

For example i found this key in the registry of the server:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Services\Analysis Server

Can anybody tell me what are the checks (if an instance already exists) that the installer does in these "rule test" step of the setup? It checks the registry? It checks anything else?

TIA

Filipe

22 mai 2012 18:27
  • Hi again,

The function's name used in these "single instance" test is ASSPINoExistingIMBICheck.

TIA,

Filipe

22 mai 2012 18:47
  • Hey Filipe,

I have the same issue on my Project Server 2010 farm where I was trying to deploy PowerPivot for SharePoint (SQL 2008 R2 version) which didn't work, followed the uninstall doc and believe I've removed everything but when I try and re-install from any system including a new system added to the farm it fails on this specific check, I pasted below.  Something in the config DB, thinks it's still installed.  I've wasted too much time on it, just opened a ticket with Microsoft Support!  Intend deploying the 2012 version instead.

Tim

ASSPINoExistingIMBICheck Checks for an existing instance of SQL Server PowerPivot for SharePoint. You
    can have only one instance of PowerPivot for SharePoint on a computer.
    Failed PowerPivot for SharePoint is already installed on this computer. You cannot
    install a second instance.
    23 aprilie 2013 12:32