none
Authentication Fails for Proxy Account

Pergunta

• On SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition (64 bit), I am trying to run a Job (which executes an SSIS package) using a proxy account.  The Job is failing with the following error:

Unable to start execution of step 1 (reason: Error authenticating proxy domain]sqldev, system error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password). The step failed.

The Agent error log shows this error:

298 SQLServer Error: 22046, Impersonation error: SQLSTATE 4200

The SQL Login domain\sqldev has sysadmin rights. No other database roles have been configured. The credential has been configured with domain\sqldev and is called 'sqldev_credential'. I'm certain that the password is correct. The 'sqldev_proxy' has been configured with 'sqldev_credential'. It is active to the 'Operating system' and SQL Server Integration Services Package' subsystems. The proxy account principal has been configured to 'domain\sqldev' of type 'SQL Login'.

The domain\sqldev account is NOT the same account that created the package, and I understand that this can be a problem. The domain\sqldev account has the correct effective permissions to resources that are used outside of the package.

Is there anything I can do so that sqldev_proxy can run the Job?

Thank you for your help.

cdun2

quarta-feira, 5 de novembro de 2008 20:40

Todas as Respostas

• I have sql 2008 R2. I have created a proxy to run Operating system(CmdExec). The sql job that runs using this proxy fails & the error logged in SQL agent:

"[298] SQLServer Error: 22046, Impersonation error. [SQLSTATE 42000]"

Need help why this error is occuring on SQL 2008.

sexta-feira, 9 de março de 2012 23:36