none
How to run DTS package/upgrade in SQL 2005.

답변

• My main point was that you need support for DTS, and that this support is a separate installation item under Client Components on the Feature Selection page (Advanced button) of SQL Server 2005 Setup. Installing Integration Services does not automatically install support for DTS. At the moment, this option is labeled "Legacy Components," but it may have had a different label in the June CTP...if so, it was more clearly labeled as the DTS 2000 runtime.

Installing Integration Services does install the Package Migration Wizard; however the wizard will not run without the legacy support components.

-Doug

2005년 8월 4일 목요일 오후 9:20
    중재자

모든 응답

• There is an alternate way:

Go to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    You should see "DTS 2000 Packages" folder.

Right click and select "Migration Wizard".

hth,
    Nitesh Ambastha
    2005년 8월 3일 수요일 오후 9:11
  • You need to have installed DTS 2000 support ("Legacy Components") in order to use the Package Migration Wizard.

You can start the Package Migration Wizard from three locations.

• From SQL Server Management Studio. Connect to an instance of the SQL Server 2005 Database Engine, right-click the Data Transformation Services node in Object Explorer under Management\Legacy, and select Migration Wizard.

• From Business Intelligence Development Studio. Create or open an Integration Services Project, right-click on the SSIS Packages node in Solution Explorer, and select Migrate DTS 2000 Package.

• From the command prompt. Start DTSMigrationWizard.exe from the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn folder.
    2005년 8월 3일 수요일 오후 9:32
    중재자
  • Thank you for quick response.

When Open or Import package by  right clicking on "DTS 2000 Packages" folder, it throws  "Could not load or assembly Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts80,......." error.

I have installed June CTP. I tried installing on another computer, I get same error.

Thx,
    Satish Patil

2005년 8월 4일 목요일 오후 2:08
  • Dough,

How do I install 'Legacy componenets' ?. I don't remember seeing this option.

Thx,
    Satish Patil
    2005년 8월 4일 목요일 오후 2:10
  • My main point was that you need support for DTS, and that this support is a separate installation item under Client Components on the Feature Selection page (Advanced button) of SQL Server 2005 Setup. Installing Integration Services does not automatically install support for DTS. At the moment, this option is labeled "Legacy Components," but it may have had a different label in the June CTP...if so, it was more clearly labeled as the DTS 2000 runtime.

Installing Integration Services does install the Package Migration Wizard; however the wizard will not run without the legacy support components.

-Doug

2005년 8월 4일 목요일 오후 9:20
    중재자
  • I ran across this posting of mine from 3-1/2 months ago and need to point out that it is no longer correct.

When you select the "Integration Services" checkbox for installation, all the backward compatibility files that provide run-time support for SQL Server 2000 Data Transformation Services (DTS) are automatically installed. When installing SSIS, you do not need to select "Legacy Components" explicitly to obtain DTS support (although selecting it does no harm).

Design-time support for editing DTS packages is a separate Web download.

The "Legacy Components" checkbox is still present in SQL Setup for those occasions when you might want to install DTS run-time support without installing Integration Services.

-Doug
    2005년 11월 23일 수요일 오전 12:08
    중재자
  • Hi,

I just downloaded SQL Express 2005 and it looks like this feature is not available in the Express edition? Because I don't see this option in the install and and there is no DTS folder under 90.

Neil
    2005년 12월 1일 목요일 오전 6:10
  • Hello njg@discussions.microsoft.com,

Yep correct SSIS per se is not in Express.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/features/compare-features.mspx

Allan 

> Hi,
    > 
    > I just downloaded SQL Express 2005 and it looks like this feature is
    > not available in the Express edition? Because I don't see this option
    > in the install and and there is no DTS folder under 90.
    > 
    > Neil
    > 

2005년 12월 1일 목요일 오전 7:03
  • Doug,

Does it work for 64 Bit?  Can you Edit DTS packages at all?  Connection strings?

Thanks,

Tom

2006년 12월 15일 금요일 오후 10:58
  • Once you have successfully migrated a 2000 DTS package to Integration Services, where does it store the package? 

I want to modify one of the packages.  I can right click on it, but can only run/import/export/etc, there is no option to modify it.

Thanks,

Steve Hanzelman

2007년 11월 5일 월요일 오후 2:59
  •  

I have the same question as Steve.  I went through the Migration Wizard and successfully migrated the packages from a SQL 2000 box to a SQL 2005 box.  I know it was successfull because when I try to run the wizard again with the same packages, the wizard tells me that the packages are already there.  But when I try to open the Data Transformation Services node on the 2005 box, I don't see them.  I also can not find the files anywhere on the box.  I have jobs that depend on those packages and they are failing because they do not see them.  So my question is two fold:  1. Where are the packages located 2.How can I view them under the Data Transformation node?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2007년 11월 5일 월요일 오후 4:05
  •  

I was wondering if anyone knew about product called DTSxChange

http://dtsxchange.com

Guys... Just look at this and you will be amazed how much more DTSxChange offers.

I think this is must have it tool if you planning for DTS Migration.

HTML Version
    ============
    http://binaryworld.net/main/downloads/DTSxChange-vs-MSWizard.htm

Word Version
    ============
    http://binaryworld.net/main/downloads/DTSxChange-vs-MSWizard.doc

PDF Version
    ============
    http://binaryworld.net/main/downloads/DTSxChange-vs-MSWizard.pdf

2008년 1월 28일 월요일 오후 2:44
  • After you have migrated DTS-package you find them under Integration Services. In Object Explorer, click Connect and choose Integration Services... You will now have a new node and the migrated SSIS-packages are found in the folder Storde Packages\MSDB\

M

2008년 2월 13일 수요일 오후 3:09