none
ADODB

질문

• Hello,

I just read a 'the register' article suggesting that Microsoft has submitted a adodb extension for the SQL server driver for php ( http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/25/microsoft_gpl/ )

I've just checked the adodb website and can't find any mention of this - nothing obvious listed under the sourceforge patches, or their forums where they ask for bug reports etc. Additionally nothing listed here or on the Microsoft blogs -

Is this article true? Where should I be looking....? Smile

Paul

2008년 7월 25일 금요일 오후 8:47

답변

• The article is true.  The patches have been submitted, but not yet integrated would be my guess.  I would contact the maintainer of ADODB to see what their timeline is for integrating the patches.  They also might be dependent on features in the next release of the SQL Server 2005 Driver for PHP.

Jay

2008년 7월 25일 금요일 오후 11:14

모든 응답

• The article is true.  The patches have been submitted, but not yet integrated would be my guess.  I would contact the maintainer of ADODB to see what their timeline is for integrating the patches.  They also might be dependent on features in the next release of the SQL Server 2005 Driver for PHP.

Jay

2008년 7월 25일 금요일 오후 11:14
  • Thanks Jay,

as you brought the topic up Smile - Is there a rough eta on the next release?

I'll try to contact the maintainer, but from past experience, if I wanted a solution in a weeks time, i'd probably be better off writing my own patch.

Paul 

2008년 7월 26일 토요일 오전 11:46
  • Well, Paul, I guess it wouldn't be too early for me to say that the next release is "real soon now", as in today! Smile

I hope they get the ADODB changes integrated soon.  I know that our team here worked hard to get those changes made in time for this release.

Jay

2008년 7월 29일 화요일 오전 12:13
  • I've just downloaded the submitted adodb-mssqlnative drivers and tested them out. They do seem very buggy. I've done a lot of fixes to adodb (including the mssql driver) and if i have time I'm going to start submitting patches this week. If you want to have a go yourself, theres no need to wait for a new release, just drop the files in the appropriate adodb directories and change your database connection to

$db = ADONewConnection('mysqlnative');

2008년 7월 31일 목요일 오후 3:53
  • Just thought I'd pop in, I'm the guy with the claim to the ADOdb driver for the sqlsrv driver. Please post any problems or fixes you may have with the ADOdb driver or the sqlsrv driver. Maybe I can help you out
    2008년 8월 12일 화요일 오후 9:45
  • Right now, the work I'm doing is halted by the problem described in this thread - http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3685918&SiteID=1 hopefully this will be fixed in the 1.1 release. I can email you my current work if you wish or simply summarize the fixes I've made here.
    2008년 8월 14일 목요일 오후 1:38
  • I'm in charge of porting an existing ADOdb application from Oracle to SQL-Server 2005. Can you please provide a link to the ADOdb driver for sqlsrv ?

Thanks,
    Stéphane

2009년 5월 11일 월요일 오전 8:33
  • how can i add adodb in vs2010 ultimate
    2012년 3월 1일 목요일 오후 4:30