none
PowerPivot drillthrough or additional actions

質問

• Dear all,

Is it possible to create additional actions or drillthough functionality in PowerPivot? For example I'd like users to be able to drill down on sales value by customer to see th products bought.

I can do this in SSAS with additional actions and this option appears when you right click a PowerPivot pivot but I can't see how to creat them.

Thanks,

Matt

2010年8月31日 14:41

回答

• In power pivot version2 there is drill thriough functionality.

once you create a pivot table from power pivot work book, if you double click on any cell (that cell should me a measue implicit/explicit)/ right click on a cell and then click on show details , you can achieve drill through functionality.But the data will be displayed in a seperate work sheet.

Don't forget to mark as answer if helpful

2012年2月6日 9:56

すべての返信

• Unfortuately, drillthrough is not supported in this version of PowerPivot.

Marco

Marco Russo
    2010年8月31日 22:05
  • Marco,

Thanks for your reply and assistance.

Can you think of another way to link from the "summary" to the "detail" without adding further items to the pivot rows and columns?

Matt

2010年9月1日 13:04
  • Unfortunately no - drillthrough is an important feature and I requested it since beta versions of PowerPivot, but it has not been included in feature of v1.

Marco

Marco Russo
    2010年9月1日 16:32
  • for "drilldown" i use following workaround/design:

Excel Sheet: Overview
    Here you can create a pivot-table/chart, slicers with powerpivot/olap data.
    Near the pivot-table put a hyperlink for jump to sheet "details"

Excel Sheet: Details
    Contains a "flat" pivot-table using same data like the pivot-table/chart on sheet "Overview".
    All Slicers of sheet "overview" are also connected to the pivot-table on sheet "details".
    In Cell A1 put a hyperlink for jump to sheet "overview"
    Optional you can hide the theet "overview".

Usage:
    Users can now analyze data with sheet "Overview" in excel or sharepoint/excel services.
    If they want to see details for the pivot-cell/measure the can drill-down/jump to sheet "details"

A alternative workaround would be following:
    1. Create a "flat" PivotTable1 based on powerpivot data.
    2. Now you can create pivot-tables/charts based on "excel native" data in PivotTable1
    3. As the pivot-table is not based on powerpivot/olap you can now double-click a cell to drilldown with the native excel functionality

Contraint: The data you want to analyze is to big and at least smaller then the excel limit 1Mill rows..

Of course this are all nasty workarounds for a missing feature!! 
    This feature, and the buggy sorting of dates/month names, is at top1 position in my whishlist for next version of powerpivot  ;) 

• 回答の候補に設定 JJ78 2012年5月31日 15:33
    2010年9月4日 19:33
  • Hi JJ78

Sorry I am not excel expert, Please can you explain in more detail around using Alternative you suggessted above to accomplish the drill down functionality.

Thanks!

2010年9月11日 0:55
  • Can you please explain the above briefly ..i mean where have to start.. i'm unable to do that.. please help me out.

Thanks

Immadi

2010年11月11日 12:14
  • It also looks like this version also does not support Reporting Services actions.  I get the actions in a non PP connection but they do not appear in PP - SO VERY FRUSTRATING!

2011年2月4日 20:34
  • Hi Brad,

what do you mean with "I get the actions in a non PP connection"?
    Do you mean the excel-pivot-right-cick-contextmenu option?

As Marco explained there's currently no support or a ui to define drilldown actions defined in the powerpivotcube! ;)

BUT you can publish the excel/powerpivot to sharepoint excel services... and then you can connect to this powerpivot cube via SSRS where you are free to define drilldown-actions or url-actions (report builder textbox properties>actions) in your report layout !

Cheers,

JJ

2011年2月4日 20:42
  • I know this is a long time after the original post but can you provide any more details on what you mean by within the "Excel Details" section?

I follow easily what you are saying in the overview section but am having a hard time understanding what you are referring to in the details.   I have created a "flat" pivottable from within PowerPivot and still cannot access the details behind it.   I get the typical PowerPivot error.

Thanks,

2012年2月3日 18:36
  • In power pivot version2 there is drill thriough functionality.

once you create a pivot table from power pivot work book, if you double click on any cell (that cell should me a measue implicit/explicit)/ right click on a cell and then click on show details , you can achieve drill through functionality.But the data will be displayed in a seperate work sheet.

Don't forget to mark as answer if helpful

2012年2月6日 9:56
  • A good workaround however the imperfect is that you have to change all filters to slicers, which might have performance concerns.

Derek

2012年5月30日 17:55
  • A good workaround however the imperfect is that you have to change all filters to slicers, which might have performance concerns.

Derek

In fact you have NOT to change all filters to slicers but you have to ADD slicers for all existent filters, so pivot-filter and slicer can co-exist for same fields ;)     Background is that only slicers have the ability to be linked to multiple pivot-tables. Regarding performance concerns..good point, not have any performance tests available but should not be to hard performance issue (as metadata for slicer is already loaded by pivot-filters!?)

JJ

2012年5月31日 15:38
  • Nice to see the drill through functionality.  I'm wondering if there is a way to control what displays in the new sheet created by the drill through.  The column names are ugly database table/column names.  Also, I don't want to return all the columns available.  Does anyone know if this is possible?
    • 回答の候補に設定 Roy JC 2013年1月9日 20:06
    • 回答の候補の設定解除 Roy JC 2013年1月9日 20:06
    2012年7月18日 1:30
  • You can create your reports using a perspective and you can select exactly what you want to see.

Where is life's source code ? I want to fix some bugs...

2013年1月9日 20:08