none
How do I install a 32 bit version of SQL Server Express 2012 on a 64 bit system

質問

• I am trying to install a 32 bit version of SQL Server Express 2012 (with Advanced Services) on a 64 bit system as a stand alone installation. I get the following error when running the System Configuration Checker:

"FacetWOW64PlatformCheck     Determines whether SQL Server Setup is supported on this operating system platform.     Failed     SQL Server Setup is not supported in WOW64. This setup program can be run only on a 32-bit system."

I wondered whether this problem is related to this post dealing with SQL Server 2008: How do I install 32-bit RC0 on x64 OS?

2012年5月6日 9:55

回答

• this should be supported on x64 platform,

Can you try to run from command line using the following command

SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exe /Action=install /x86

Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you.
    This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• 回答としてマーク iotc 2012年5月6日 12:47
    2012年5月6日 10:55
    モデレータ

すべての返信

• There are two express packages one is express32_x86 this is not supported on x64

the other one is named express_x86 this is supported on x64

you could download the x64 version from 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/hh230763

Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you.

2012年5月6日 10:09
    モデレータ
  • Hi Ahmed - Thanks for the prompt answer. But the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express system requirements at the link provided do specifically say:

"On a supported 64-bit operating system, SQL Server 32-bit edition can be installed to the WOW64 32-bit subsystem of a 64-bit server. WOW64 is supported only for stand-alone instances of SQL Server. WOW64 is not supported for SQL Server failover cluster installations."

Does this mean that I will have to download the whole 1.3GB file again for 64 bit system?

2012年5月6日 10:21
  • that is true for

express_x86

there are two flavors for 32 packages

epress32_x86

and 

express_x86(this one is supported on both x86 and x64)

what is the name of package you are trying to install ?

Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team

2012年5月6日 10:23
    モデレータ
  • It is SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exe
    2012年5月6日 10:27
  • this should be supported on x64 platform,

Can you try to run from command line using the following command

SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exe /Action=install /x86

Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team

• 回答としてマーク iotc 2012年5月6日 12:47
    2012年5月6日 10:55
    モデレータ
  • That works! Thanks so much Ahmed.
    2012年5月6日 12:47