none
Errors PowerPivot in SharePoint

Domanda

• Hi guys,

I'm having many problems to use PowerPivot in my SharePoint 2010.

I make the install SQL Server 2008 R2 without configure the SharePoint Integration to use Gemini/PowerPivot. After i install and configure the SharePoint 2010, after that i run SQL Server 2008 R2  setup and configure the integration Gemini/PowerPivot and the end of setup show an error message, but was executed completed.

I open the file log and encountered the message:

Error: Action "Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.AnalysisServices.ASSPIInstallFarmAction" threw an exception during execution.
    Microsoft.SqlServer.Setup.Chainer.Workflow.ActionExecutionException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.AnalysisServices.ASSPIConfigExtension.UpdateEngineServiceInstanceIMBIVersionAndUnprovisionedBySetupBit(Version imbiVersion)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.AnalysisServices.ASSPIInstallFarmAction.ConfigExistingFarmFirstASserver()
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.AnalysisServices.ASSPIInstallFarmAction.ExecuteAction(String actionId)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Chainer.Infrastructure.Action.Execute(String actionId, TextWriter errorStream)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Setup.Chainer.Workflow.ActionInvocation.ExecuteActionHelper(TextWriter statusStream, ISequencedAction actionToRun)
    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

After that i open the SharePoint and activated the Gemini feature in Central Administration, I created a gallery for PowerPivot (I remember that read anything about this a guess this must be created automatically), but when i try to use de gallery a received this messagem Error:

"Could not load type 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.ReportGalleryView'."

I try to reinstall the feature using the setup of SQL Server 2008 R2, but i received a message saying that already the feature install in my Farm.

Somebody have any idea to my help me?

I thanks a lot.
    gcardoso

giovedì 3 dicembre 2009 13:12

Risposte

• In the Installation Wizard step to let you confirm your configuration, i get the location of the ConfigurationFile.ini file. I opened the file to find that the TCP/IP port of the SharePoint Central Administration site is incorrect. I modified the port number and saved the file, then this error does not appear.

BTW, before this, i also installed the WCF hotfix someone else mentions. So, i am not so sure of which action actually had fixed the error.
    domenica 7 marzo 2010 10:01

Tutte le risposte

• If you can provide detail on
    - OS version and whether you have installed the hotfix as required before install SharePoint
    - where you get the install files, the version of install files,
    - and the exact options you have selected during each step, for instance, when you install SQL Server 2008 R2 after you have installed and configured SharePoint, what option did you select, did you select New Farm, or Existing Farm, etc,

it would help narrow down the problem.

Also AS product team has posted a detailed troubleshooting writeup in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjpowerpointforsharepoint/thread/dd119dca-961b-4e8f-83a0-bba5c9ef81df, you might want to review it first before taking any further step.

Thanks,
    Lisa

martedì 8 dicembre 2009 22:35
  • I have the same issue for several times.
    At the following my steps of installation

1. Windows 2008 R2 - 64 bit
    2. SQL Server 2008 R2 November CTP - 64 bit
    3. WCF Fix: Sharepoint Shared Services Roll
    4. SharePoint Serber 2010 - 64 bit  (Options:
    Server Farm and Complete - Install all components)
    Don't start the configuration wizarad at the end
    5. SQL Server 2008 R2 November CTP new Instance :
    Analysis Services with SharePoint Integration with Option: new Farm

please have a look at my detail error file:

2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp: Error: Action "Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.AnalysisServices.ASSPIInstallFarmAction" threw an exception during execution.
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp: Microsoft.SqlServer.Setup.Chainer.Workflow.ActionExecutionException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp: File name: 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.AnalysisServices.ASSPIConfigExtension.UpdateEngineServiceInstanceIMBIVersionAndUnprovisionedBySetupBit(Version imbiVersion)
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.AnalysisServices.ASSPIInstallFarmAction.CreateAndConfigNewFarm()
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.AnalysisServices.ASSPIInstallFarmAction.ExecuteAction(String actionId)
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Chainer.Infrastructure.Action.Execute(String actionId, TextWriter errorStream)
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Setup.Chainer.Workflow.ActionInvocation.ExecuteActionHelper(TextWriter statusStream, ISequencedAction actionToRun)
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp: WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp: To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp: Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp: To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp:    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Setup.Chainer.Workflow.ActionInvocation.ExecuteActionHelper(TextWriter statusStream, ISequencedAction actionToRun)
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Setup.Chainer.Workflow.ActionInvocation.ExecuteActionWithRetryHelper(WorkflowObject metaDb, ActionKey action, ActionMetadata actionMetadata, TextWriter statusStream)
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Setup.Chainer.Workflow.ActionInvocation.InvokeAction(WorkflowObject metabase, TextWriter statusStream)
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Setup.Chainer.Workflow.PendingActions.InvokeActions(WorkflowObject metaDb, TextWriter loggingStream)
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp: The configuration failure category of current exception is ConfigurationFailure
    2009-12-15 13:35:51 Slp: Watson Bucket 1
     Original Parameter Values
    martedì 15 dicembre 2009 12:49
  • Likely an improperly uninstall or a repair operation was ran. This leaves the server in the state where it believes that the assembly is present, but we've already deleted it as part of the uninstall or repair. There are workarounds, but you must uninstall SharePoint and go back to the beginning. See http://powerpivotgeek.com/server-installation/reported-problems/#006 and http://powerpivotgeek.com/server-installation/reported-problems/#HowTo000 for more information.

Hope that helps.

Dave Wickert (MSFT) blog: http://www.powerpivotgeek.com/ Enjoy!
    • Proposto come risposta Dean Savović martedì 15 maggio 2012 12:56
    • Proposta come risposta annullata Dean Savović martedì 15 maggio 2012 12:56
    venerdì 18 dicembre 2009 03:05
  • In the Installation Wizard step to let you confirm your configuration, i get the location of the ConfigurationFile.ini file. I opened the file to find that the TCP/IP port of the SharePoint Central Administration site is incorrect. I modified the port number and saved the file, then this error does not appear.

BTW, before this, i also installed the WCF hotfix someone else mentions. So, i am not so sure of which action actually had fixed the error.
    domenica 7 marzo 2010 10:01
  • The port change did it! Thanks a lot!

Johan
    martedì 16 marzo 2010 21:52
  • The port change was part of the problem.

I also didn't have Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.dll in the right folder. See the post on 28 June 2011 on this link http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjpowerpointforsharepoint/thread/dd119dca-961b-4e8f-83a0-bba5c9ef81df

Brian Searle
    mercoledì 28 settembre 2011 11:06
  • Sorry for my ignorance where's this cofigurationfile.ini file located at?
    Ricardo Fuentes A+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
    lunedì 3 ottobre 2011 05:02
  • I had the same question when I read this post!

I did a file search to find it. However, it's easier, on the wizard screen 'Ready to install' it shows the file and path.

For me it was 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\SQLServer2008R2\x64 '

Brian Searle
    lunedì 3 ottobre 2011 07:54
  • The folder I gave above is wrong, that was for a different problem with the install. The installer seems to create a unique folder for each install under 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log'

Brian Searle
    lunedì 3 ottobre 2011 11:19
  • > This leaves the server in the state where it believes that the assembly is present, but we've already deleted it as part of the uninstall or repair. There are workarounds, but you must uninstall SharePoint and go back to the beginning. 

I know this post is from several years back, but I just tripped across it, and I wanted to take the oppportunity to lecture both you and any members of product teams that might see this. 

This kind of attitude is *exactly* why admins hate SharePoint. Because you don't trust admins, and only care about reducing support load, you put the work back on us. The answer from the product team in the past has ALWAYS been "oh just reinstall the farm." Well my response to that isn't suitable for a public forum. 

I've installed eight-server farms - when you add in patching and configuration you could be talking 3-5 days of work to get the farm to 'ready to plug it in' status. This is before it's been touched by a single user. And because of some random wrong choice or misconfiguration, your advice is "start over." Sure - it's just a week of my life and the company's time - why should you care?

And the reason I'm so angry is that as I understand it, the real issue is: one record in a table in SQL Server. There's an entry in a database that wasn't configured properly, or indicates a feature that got misaligned. 

Well guess what - SharePoint's in the prime time now, and we're all mechanics. I can guess what your reply would be if you took your car to the auto shop and your mechanic said "Yeah, you've got a leak in a head gasket. But we're not allowed to open the engine, so you're going to have to buy a new car." That's what you're telling us. 

If I understand correctly, you're working on SharePoint v.Next right now. Well if you want us to keep recommending it, you're going to have to start treating us like adults. Go take a look at how the WordPress community works and take notes. Then start writing support articles that help us perform the open-heart surgery necessary to fix these things. 

"If you see [error code] that is generally the result of a missing or corrupt file in the file system. Here is the query to run on the configuration database to find what feature is the issue: [SQL] and here is the recommended procedure to edit or remove the records necessary to correct the error: [steps]"

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - 1 Corinthians 13:11

SharePoint and its admins are all grown up. 

Philo Janus, MCP Bridging business & Technology: http://www.saintchad.org/ Telecommuter? http://www.homeofficesurvival.com/ Author: Pro InfoPath 2007 & Pro InfoPath 2010 Pro PerformancePoint 2007 Pro SQL Server Analysis Services 2008 Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions

sabato 30 novembre 2013 18:30