none
How to publish a single event at a time (nit stream based) to streaminsight ....Please help.

Domanda

• I have a small problem.

I have an existing REST service and we want to see if we can send all requests that we get to a Streaminsight Server.

I have been googling around and found all sorts of samples but they are all about streams.

My Rest Service receives a class with some properties (datacontract) and i want to send that exact class to streaminsight.

So i have something like this.....

[WebInvoke(UriTemplate = "", Method = "PUT")]
    public void SomeMethod(SomeDataContract someInstane)
    {

// Now i need to send the data to streaminsight here
    // I only see stream based implementations but i need to send 
    // an event at at ime How do i do this Please Help

}

Well0549, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

martedì 6 marzo 2012 19:43

Risposte

• You have to send it into StreamInsight via some sort of input adapter so that it gets enqueued as a stream. You can actually host a service in StreamInsight and implement your input adapter as the service or you could create a different service/tcp/udp/whatever endpoint that then enqueues the item into the StreamInsight engine.

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    My Blog
    My Bike - Concours 14

If I answered your question, please mark as answer.
    If my post was helpful, please mark as helpful.

martedì 6 marzo 2012 21:38
  • Take a look at the WCF Input Adapter included in the StreamInsight Product Team Samples. It's straight WCF, not REST, but the concept is the same.

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    My Blog
    My Bike - Concours 14

mercoledì 7 marzo 2012 14:34

Tutte le risposte

• You have to send it into StreamInsight via some sort of input adapter so that it gets enqueued as a stream. You can actually host a service in StreamInsight and implement your input adapter as the service or you could create a different service/tcp/udp/whatever endpoint that then enqueues the item into the StreamInsight engine.

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    My Blog
    My Bike - Concours 14

martedì 6 marzo 2012 21:38
  • Ok, so now i know it is possible.

If you could point me in the right direction to accomplish this I would be very grateful !

I really like the sound of :

You can actually host a service in StreamInsight and implement your input adapter as the service

But i need some help to get that working

Well0549, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

mercoledì 7 marzo 2012 11:01
  • Take a look at the WCF Input Adapter included in the StreamInsight Product Team Samples. It's straight WCF, not REST, but the concept is the same.

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    My Blog
    My Bike - Concours 14

mercoledì 7 marzo 2012 14:34