none
The Merger Process could not connect to the Publisher SERVER\Instance:DATABASE.

Domanda

• There are two servers. Server 1 is the Publisher, and Server 2 is the subscriber. Replication has been working for the past two weeks. I began seeing the error last week.  Can someone help me?

Command attempted:

{call sp_MSensure_single_instance (N'SERVER1\AUTODESKVA-KnowledgeVaultMaster-ADMS_KnowledgeVaultMa-Server2\AUTODESKVAU-9', 4)}

Error messages:

<dir>

The merge process could not connect to the Publisher 'SERVER1\AUTODESKVAULT:KnowledgeVaultMaster'. Check to ensure that the server is running. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147199368)
    Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL-21471993

</dir>

martedì 24 aprile 2012 21:40

Tutte le risposte

• Is this happening at random?

There should be some additional details in the verbose agent log.  Add the parameters -OutputVerboseLevel 4 -Output C:\TEMP\mergeagent.log to the Merge Agent job step.  Restart the Merge Agent and capture the error in the verbose log.

I suspect it is either a permissions or a network related issue.

Brandon Williams (blog | linkedin)

mercoledì 25 aprile 2012 01:19
  • Sorry I am new to sql server and this is a bit over my head. I went to the jobs monitor for the problem database and i add the ending of the run agent. I have created a log if this is correct, but it i had to change the error to outputverboselevel 2. I don't see any errors, anything else i should be looking for.
    mercoledì 25 aprile 2012 20:13
  • Hi,

To grep the exact error please change the agent profile please include the -OutputVerboseLevel 3 and output path where ever you like to catch the output log, we can easily diagnose the issue.

Regards JakDBA Please Mark this as Answered if this solves your issue or satisfied with the response.

venerdì 27 aprile 2012 15:25