none
sql server 2008 express installation error 0x84B40000

Domanda

• Hi everybody!
    when I try to install SQL Server 2008 Express, I have a problem with master.mdf.
    ERROR:

El archivo de base de datos del sistema master.mdf ya existe en C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA.

Código de error 0x84B40000.

how to resolve this problem??
    domenica 21 giugno 2009 05:53

Tutte le risposte

• Assuming that this is spanish and I am not good in Spanish at all, I assume it says tha there is already a copy a of SQL Server 2008 master database files in the directory, right ? If so, make sure that you don´t have an orphaned installation (or simply copied the files over) to the computer you are installing to. Normally if installing another instance of SQL Server on the machine (e.g. another instance) a new directory is craeted to have redundant files for the SQL Server instance (as service pack level can be maintained separately). See if alrready SQL Server instance is installed on the machine, if no, rename the folder you pointed out above and reinstall SQL Server.

-Jens
    Jens K. Suessmeyer http://blogs.msdn.com/Jenss
    • Contrassegnato come risposta mpf08 lunedì 29 giugno 2009 18:38
    • Contrassegno come risposta annullato mpf08 lunedì 29 giugno 2009 18:38
    domenica 21 giugno 2009 08:23
  • Assuming that this is spanish and I am not good in Spanish at all, I assume it says tha there is already a copy a of SQL Server 2008 master database files in the directory, right ? If so, make sure that you don´t have an orphaned installation (or simply copied the files over) to the computer you are installing to. Normally if installing another instance of SQL Server on the machine (e.g. another instance) a new directory is craeted to have redundant files for the SQL Server instance (as service pack level can be maintained separately). See if alrready SQL Server instance is installed on the machine, if no, rename the folder you pointed out above and reinstall SQL Server.

-Jens
    Jens K. Suessmeyer http://blogs.msdn.com/Jenss

Thank you very much Jens!!! We say in Argentina: "you're a Genius !!"
    regards,
    Mariana
    lunedì 29 giugno 2009 18:43
  • Hi

Now I have same error code while installing sql server express. I was configuring MS security compliance manager and it needs sql server express. I thought sql 2008 r2 will solve the problem and installed that first. Later MSCM cant work with R2 so I uninstalled and go back to sql server  express (SQLEXPR32_x86_ENU.exe). I removed all files from Program files folder and check in installed software list but still getting this error?

The log stated "Network Service or Local Service account is not permitted for the SQL Server service on a domain contoller. Specify a different account."

How can I specify another account in installation?

lunedì 18 ottobre 2010 11:39