I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction regarding an issue I have encountered. In an attempt to solve another PowerPivot issue, we upgraded to SQL Server 2008 R2 CU4 last night. This morning, when I go into my PowerPivot gallery and click on Manage Power Pivot Data Refresh, I get the following error in SharePoint:
An unexpected error has occurred.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: 8581cc48-2ae0-4bbb-b378-ae3d1f3732ec
Date and Time: 2/1/2011 11:39:00 AM
So, I went digging in the SharePoint logs and found the following message:
Local Analysis Services in VertipaqMode instance version, '10.50.1600.1', does not match bits on machine, '10.50.1746.0'. PowerPivot Setup Extension timer job will be started to correct the problem.
That kind of makes sense considering the upgrade to CU4. So, I went to Central Admin and checked the PowerPivot Setup Extension Timer Job. It completed sucessfully (several times in fact with all my testing). But, the error is still there.
Does anyone have an idea of where I might go next to figure this one out? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe I am wrong... I tried running the PowerPivot Setup Extension Job manually. The I looked in the logs on my two SharePoint servers for the job execution. On my first SharePoint server I get the following in the log:
* Entering monitored scope (Timer Job PowerPivot Setup Extension Job).
* Checking that the local IMBI version number is in sync with bits on the machine for machine 'STLSP1'
* Running function GetSolutionProductVersion().
* File name is Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.DLL
* Found solution location in regsitry setting
* The location is c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.DLL.
* The product version of solution is 10.50.1746.0.
* Comparing two versions: ver1 is 10.50.1746.0. Ver2 is 10.50.1746.0
* Leaving Monitored Scope (Timer Job PowerPivot Setup Extension Job). Execution Time=4.6754
On my second SharePoint server I get the following in the log:
* Job definition Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.GeminiSetupExtensionJob, id 37db6b73-5f10-4170-a125-9f05b079a46b has no online instance for service Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.MidTierService, id 3c2f7088-262e-4eec-a190-723a52807dac, ignoring
Does this mean we failed to setup PowerPivot on the second machine?
So, if I got it right, your farm consists in two servers running SharePoint, plus a third server where you have SQL Server relational database. Is that right?
On both your SharePoint servers you have PowerPivot for SharePoint installed? If so, both are serving as WFEs and Application Servers?
Mariano Teixeira Neto Analysis Services SQL Server BI Microsoft Corp.